Plaid Shirt

Short Story #59 - Plaid Shirt - Annabeth and Percy

_________________________

*Dating*

_________________________

Annabeth sat in a grove of trees next to the beach, listening to the waves crash against the shore.

The wind had been picking up steadily all afternoon, but she had been too lazy to get up and grab a jacket. The book Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell was just too riveting to put down. It has her so captured in the tale that she did not hear the rustle in the bushes.

"BOO!!" Percy yells as he jumps out from behind Annabeth.

She doesn't even flinch; just keeps reading.

He sits down next to her and looks at the goosebumps all over her skin. "You must be cold," he says tenderly.

"Nah. I'm fine," Annabeth says with a shiver. Whether that was from the wind or Percy's voice dropping an octave... We'll just say it was the wind.

"No, you're cold. Here, take my shirt," Percy says as he takes off his thick plaid shirt. He has a thinner white v-neck shirt underneath.

She shivers again. "Thanks," she mumbles as he puts it over her shoulders.

After watching the sun set and all the stars come out, they head back to the cabins and bid each other goodnight. Percy walks into the Poseidon Cabin and Annabeth walks into the Athena Cabin.

She flops down onto her bed and grumbles when someone pokes her.

"What is it Malcolm?" she asks.

"You are head counselor. It is your job to get everyone to sleep," he says.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just tired," she mumbles into her hand that she is currently using to rub her eyes. She stand at the doorway and whistles to get everyone's attention.

"It is time to go to sleep guys. You want to be well rested for anything that might happen." she speaks like a true strategist, before adding under her breath, "Who knows what will happen in this camp next?"

While everyone gets settled in bed, Annabeth takes off her jeans and Camp T-shirt and puts on leggings and throws back on Percy's shirt.

What? It smells like him, like the ocean - soft and energetic.

She crawls into bed and calls lights out. Instead of her mind wandering to the amazing book she just finished, (A/N: I have not read it yet, so no spoilers.) she finds her mind thinking about Percy and how they came to be.

Drifting into a nightmare-free sleep, Annabeth smiles at the thought if her boyfriend killing millions of spiders to save her, all while talking about the architecture of the the buildings around them.

_________________________

Authors Note:

Hey guys!! First things first, a lot of people have been asking for a part 2 of The Party (the last short story I updated).

My response to that is look for my new AU Percabeth story. I will have The Party scene, as well as the movie afterwords, in that book. It'll be a whole lot of feels.

Sorry for not updating as frequently as I used to. I'm getting better recently... Sorta...

Look out for There You Are in the next month or so. I wanna get a few chapters written before I put it up, but it has an amazing story line, if I don't say so myself.

Stats:

173,775 reads

2,840 votes

583 comments

MY BLUE COOKIES!!! YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!!! I honestly never thought I would come this far.

I love you guys so much!

Peace out.

- Charolett