Jealousy

Short Story #26 - Jealousy - Piper and Jason

__________________________

*Piper and Jason are dating*

__________________________

Jason got a dream from Hera. She said that he and Piper were to go on a quest to retrieve a sample of a magical plant. She also warned about a girl whom all men fall for and all girls loath.

Piper had a nightmare about Jason kissing another girl right in front of her. She woke up screaming. She felt in her bag for the pendent Jason gave her. It gives her strength. She knows that the pendent has a rare magical plant in it, but she thinks that Jason is unaware of this. Sometimes when she goes for walks in the forest and she sees the plant, but she has never gone near for there is always a ridiculously beautiful woman who watches over it.

She then puts the pedant back in her bag. The sun is rising, so she gets up. After showering, she steps outside. Jason comes running up to her.

"Piper... Dream... Hera... Quest... Me... You... That's it... Yeah." he gasps out.

"Okay..." she says uncertainly. Hera has been known to cause problems, "Tell me more."

"Well there is this magical plant that we have to get a sample from." he explains.

"Oh! That should be easy." Piper was surprised that it wasn't a quest to die underwater.

"There was also this really sexy woman in the dream..." he says looking sheepish.

"Hmph. Well, let's get going." Piper says as she pulls Jason towards the forest, peeved off, jealous.

"Where are we going?" Jason questions as he snaps out of his daze.

"The forest. I know where the plant is." Piper responds cooly.

"Alright, little miss attitude. You can stop dragging me." Jason says.

Piper lets go of Jason and continues to walk to the place she knows the plant is. When they arrive, she looks behind her to see if Jason kept up with her. He was right behind her but, his eyes were completely dilated. She followed his stare to the beautiful lady. The lady beckons Jason forward with her long, pale, flawless finger that matches the rest of her body. He starts to move toward her, but Piper grabs his arm and he snaps back into reality.

"What?" is all he says.

"You were walking towards her. She is dangerous." Piper informs him.

"The daughter of Aphrodite is right, son of Jupiter," she says in a silky voice, "You were coming to give me my birthday present."

It was then that Piper noticed that Jason was right next to the seductive lady.

"What is your name?" Piper spoke boldly.

"No one speaks it, out of fear, and I have forgotten it. You may call me Mistria." she says, "I like you, well as much as I can. You see... I have been cursed by the Gods. I am only allowed to effect men. Women are vile and ugly to my sight. I am cursed to torture woman by taking their lover, for that it what I did to 'deserve' this curse."

"Oh. I'm sorry. Um.. Could I just have a sample of the plant right there?" she asks tentatively.

"So that is your quest." Mistria states plainly.

"Yes." Piper says to Mistria, who seemed to have a fiercer glow about her.

"No. You may not. See, this plant gives me my power to pull men under my influence." Mistria says slyly, "And I know why Hera wants it. She wants my power to influence Zeus. She wants another God to be born."