My Sister's Babysitter (A Roc Royal Love Story)

"Ma! You know I have a championship game in 3 weeks. How do you expect me to be able to watch Kiara and go to practice at the same time?"

"I don't. Your going to have to miss your practices."

"I can't do that ma, I'm quarterback and captain. I can't just not go. It's my responsibility to make sure the team is ready."

"It's also your responsibility to watch your sister."

"Why can't she just come with me?"

"Not against her will"

"Then she can go over to her friends house"

"Not on a school day"

"What about grandma?"

"How is she going to get to school? You know your grandmother can't drive"

"Then daycare?"

"for just 2 weeks Chres? No"

"UGH!" I groaned because I had ran out of ideas

I watched as my mom packed her suitcase more and more. She was going on a 2 week business trip to Japan and she wanted me to watch my sister knowing that I have practice everyday this week and next week. She was trying to hold me back, I can't have that. My practices were after school. Which meant no one was going to be home when Kiara got out of school so she told me to be there. We thought about taking Kia to the practices with me but she was refusing. Ugh what am I going to do.
I am the captain of the West High Cougars football team in Los Angelos, California. Our championships is in 3 weeks and we have practices and i have to get the team ready!

"Mommy" my little sister Kiara called out to her.

"Yes sweetie?" My mom replies

"I'm almost 8 I can watch myself."

"Aww sweetie that's cute but no. You're not old enough to stay home by yourself. Your brother will watch you"

I groaned in anger and sat down on her bed.

"Please mommy. I know what not to do. Don't you trust me." She said with a puppy face

"Yeah ma don't you trust her?" I said getting down to Kiara's height and doing a puppy face with her. My mom giggled at it.

"Of course I trust you sweetie but your still not old enough to be left alone by yourself. You're only 7"

"I'll be 8 in 2 months, 6 hours, 4 minutes, 30 seconds. 29...28...27! See I'm getting older even as we speak"

"That's cute" my mom giggled

"I'm surprised your counting" I opinionized

"So what do you say mommy?" my sister asked

"No. That's final now stop asking."

My sister went off throwing a tantrum. It's not because she cares and wants to see her big brother win the game or anything, no she just wants to be left home alone. I got off of my mom's bed and headed for the door. I stopped at the threshold because I had an idea

"What if we hire a babysitter?"

She stopped folding and looked at me.

"I don't know. For 2 weeks Chres?"

"Yeah, you give me the money and after every night, when I get home I'll pay her."

"Can I trust you with the money?"

"Of course."

"Well I guess that could..."

"Yes!" I said jumping for joy not even letting her finish her sentence. I ran over and kissed my mom on the cheek. I was too happy.