Chapter 2

"Harry! Wake up!" Wood said, shaking him.

"Why?" he asked, glumly.

"Quidditch practice, go on! Wake up!" he said. "It's the crack of dawn, Wood." he said, grabbing his glasses. "Perfect for practice! Part of our new program, grab your broom and let's go!" he said, with enthusiasm. Harry looked in his trunk for his Quidditch uniform; he suited up and grabbed his Nimbus 2000.

"At the field in 15 minutes, Harry!" Wood shouted from the Common room.

Harry went down and saw Colin, with his camera. "Morning, Harry!" he said in his painfully cheerful tone. "Don't have the time, Colin. Quidditch practice," Harry said eager to get rid of Colin.

"Wait for me! I've never seen Quidditch." he said, catching up after Harry. "Pretty boring actually." Harry muttered.

Colin went to the stands and watched Harry. Oliver Wood held up a large diagram of the field, there drawn many arrows and such. Took minutes to explain the first board, half of the team fell asleep as Wood went on and on,

"Any questions?" Wood asked, shaking Harry awake.

"Yeah, why didn't you tell us this yesterday when we were awake?" Fred asked. 1

Wood ignored the question and went on again. "This year we'll train harder than ever!" he said, sending them to field. Harry walked up to Hermione and Ron who were at the stands.

"Finish?" Ron asked.

"Haven't even started yet." Harry said, a bit drowsy.

"Who's that?" George asked, eyeing Colin up on the stands. "Colin Creevy, first year. He's in Gryffindor." Hermione said, her nose once again buried in one of Lockhart's rubbish that he calls books. 1

"I can't believe it!" Wood roared.

Harry and George turned and saw the Slytherin team along the field. "Easy, Wood, I have a note." Marcus Flint said, handing him a roll of Parchment.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field for to train their new Seeker and Beater. You have a new Seeker and Beater? Who?" Wood asked, looking around.

The team broke apart letting Malfoy and Catherine forward.

"Good job being a Seeker, Catherine." Wood said, shaking her hand. "I'm a Beater actually." she said, holding up the Beater's club. 1

"Is that a Nimbus 2001?" Ron asked, looking at the Slytherin's team's brooms.

"A gift from Draco's father." Flint said. "Unlike you, Weasley. My father can afford the best." Malfoy said. "At least no one if the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in with pure talent." Hermione said sharply. "No one asked for your opinion, you filthy Mudblood." he spat. "How dare you! Eat slugs, Malfoy!" Ron said, pulling out his wand. The spell backfired and hit Ron; he was on the ground with slugs emerging from his mouth. 7

"Harry, take him to Hagrid. He'll know what to do." Catherine said, picking up Ron. Hermione, Harry and Ron sprinted to Hagrid's hut and went in. She then turned to her team mates with an angered expression on her face, "Are we going to practice or not?" Catherine asked, picking up her broom.

~

"Malfoy said something....I don't know what it means actually." Harry said. Hermione stood up, tears glittering in her brown eyes, "He called me a Mudblood." Hagrid gasped. "He did not!" he asked. "What is that?" Harry asked. 7

"Mudblood is a foul name for someone who has non-magic parents, to who's Muggle born, someone like me." Hermione said.

"It was disgusting" Ron said between slugs. "Nonsense! They haven't invented a spell out Hermione can't do!" Hagrid said proudly. Hermione smiled and wiped her tears. 21

"By the way, Ron, Yer little sister came by today and so did yours 'Arry." Hagrid said. "Why's that?" Harry asked.

"Dunno. Thought you knew! They said they were just looking 'round." Hagrid said. "We'll be going now, Hagrid. Harry and Ron have Detention." Hermione said, eyeing daggers at the boys.

"What for?" Hagrid asked. "For driving through the Whomping Willow." Harry said. "Best be off then." he said, Ron belched a few more slugs.

"Better out than in." 4

~

"Weasley, you'll be polishing the silver in the Trophy room, without magic. Potters, Harry you will be helping Professor Lockhart answer his Fan mail, Catherine you will polish his portraits, without magic." Professor McGonagall said.

"Can't we just go with Ron?" the twins asked. "I'm afraid not. Professor Lockhart requested you two, specifically." McGonagall said. Catherine and Harry went to Lockhart's classroom and served Detention.

"Ah! there you two are!" Lockhart beamed as he opened the door.

"Used to play Quidditch myself, a Seeker like you Harry. Don't hesitate asking questions." Lockhart said, giving him a mountain of Letters to address. Mostly the twins just answered with

"Okay."

"Yeah."

"Mm mm."

Catherine was nearly done polishing the frames of countless Lockhart's as Harry was nowhere near to finish. Kill...Come to meee.....Let me rip you....Let me kill you....Kill....

"What?" Catherine asked. "Exactly! unbelievable aren't I?" Lockhart said.

"Not you. That voice, did you hear it Harry?" Catherine asked. "Yeah." he said. 1

"Voice? What voice? Must be getting drowsy there, great Scott, no wonder! You've been here nearly 4 hours! Time flies when you're having fun." Lockhart said, grinning, Catherine looked puzzled and left with Harry. "Do you think he's lying?" he asked. "He wasn't lying, Harry." she said, frantically. 3

"Harry! Catherine!" Hermione said, running behind them. "Did you hear it?" Harry asked.

"Hear what?" asked Ron.

"A voice." Catherine said.

"Voice, what voice?" Hermione asked, looking spooked. "We heard a voice when we were at Lockhart's." Harry said, turning to Catherine. "I think I should head back to my house, see at Breakfast." Catherine said, walking off to Slytherin.

"You heard a voice that only you two can hear? A bit odd, even for you two." Hermione muttered. 5

Catherine POTTER'S POV:

"Took you long enough." Draco said, emerging from the shadows.

"You have no idea." I said, hanging my head back.

"How's detention?" he asked, sitting next to me. "It was awful! Lockhart kept talking about how his fans are always owling him, how his books are always on top of the charts, it was dreadful." I said.

"Something on your mind?" he asked, looking at me. "A few minutes ago, I heard a voice. Harry heard it too." I said, playing with the flames. "What did it say?" he asked. I smiled.

"I don't want to talk about it. See you tomorrow." I said, walking up to my dorm.

"Catherine?" he said.

"Yeah?"

"The Halloween ball is coming up; I wondered if you want to go with me?" 29

I turned to look at him, reluctant of his offer, "I'll think about it." 4