Thasmin ~ Christmas Party

It's December 20th back home, Graham had been keeping track of the days in Sheffield in case he forgot an important family event. The Tardis team ask the Doctor if they can go home for Christmas, telling her that while they love being with her, they need to see their families over the Christmas period.

"Of course I'll take you home for Christmas... I love how you humans celebrate Christmas on earth!" She flipped some switches and off they went, spinning through the time vortex to the 20th December 2018, Earth. "Right here we are you lot!" The Tardis clunked as it hit the floor, telling the Tardis team that they had landed safely on what they hoped was Sheffield ground. Graham and Ryan shouted their goodbye's to the Doctor and Yaz, knowing that they would see them soon enough to go out for some kind of normal human outing. It was just Yaz and the Doctor alone in the Tardis now, the Time Lord busying herself with tinkering with the console to avoid looking at Yaz.

"What are you doing then Doctor?" The time lord lifted her head she heard her name called, looking at her companion who was staring at her with a hint of worry in her eyes.

"Oh don't worry about me Yaz, I'll fly off somewhere, do some stuff. You know maintenance things to keep the Tardis in top tip shape." She lovingly patted the control panel as she spoke, almost in an attempt to convince herself that was what she'd be doing. In reality she'd probably just go into deep space and stay there in orbit, allowing her sadness to catch up with her. Unfortunately for her, Yaz didn't believe her either.

"Doctor I know that's not true..." The young girl was looking at her with big eyes and the Doctor realised why she could never lie to Yaz. Despite how hard she tried, Yaz always managed to make the Doctor feel like she was loved and that she could tell her anything no matter what. "Don't make yourself sad at Christmas, I worry about you."

"Oh Yaz, my wonderful companion." She pulled her into a hug, Yaz resting her head on her chest. "You don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine I'm just a silly old woman." Yaz squeezed her as she listened to the older woman talk, feeling her stroking yaz's back soothingly.

"Doctor.." She pulled away slightly to look at the time lord's face. "Will you spend Christmas at my house this year?" Her eyes were full of hope, wanting the Doctor to be part of her family so she was less alone.

"Are ya sure Yaz?" The Doctor looked at Yaz for confirmation, scared that she was just being the nice person she is and offering to make the Doctor feel better.

"Of course I am, we'd love to have you over!" Yaz nodded her head enthusiastically as she spoke then swiftly stopped, worried that she looked as desperate as she felt. Her feelings for the Doctor had been bubbling up more than usual as a result of the time lord constantly grabbing her hand or making physical contact with her in some way.

"Well then I'd love that! Christmas at Yaz's, brilliant!" Yaz giggled at the Doctor's reply, making the blonde want to say stupid things all the time just so she could hear her companion laugh again.

"Would you come to my works Christmas party tomorrow night doctor?" The doctor's face lit up at the request, hundreds of questions filling her head.

"Yes I will yaz!! Never been to a Christmas party before, that should be fun!" Yaz hugged the doctor close in excitement, she couldn't wait to see what the doctor was like at a party after a few drinks.

"Yay! Okay so are sleeping on the Tardis tonight?" The Doctor was running her hand up and down the small of Yaz's back, the human relishing in the feeling and melting into the time lord's touch.

"Yeah I will do tonight. Don't you worry about me Yaz, I'll be fine for one night. Cross ma hearts." She made 'x' gestures over each of her hearts to almost verify what she was saying, making Yaz smile widely at her.