Eleven and Clara ~ Snog Box

She was drying her hair when Clara heard the familiar vworp of the tardis, telling her that the Doctor was there to pick her up approximately 3 minutes early. The time machine materialises in her living room, her hearing the light bang as it hit the floor once fully landed. The comforting creak of the door swinging open rattled through the apartment and she smiled as she heard the clunk of the Doctor's boots on the hard-wood flooring of her flat. There was 3 knocks on her door all regularly spaced out; a little quirk she'd noticed the Doctor had and had quickly come to love.

"Clara, can I come in?"

"Yeah Doctor just drying my hair." Her door opened and in came the Time Lord, clad in his usual waistcoat, shirt, long coat and (of course) bowtie.

"Hello Clara Oswald." The doctor waved awkwardly and sat down on the edge of Clara's bed, watching her in the mirror.

"Hello Doctor." She smiled at him in the reflection. His hair looks even floppier than normal today. She continued to dry her hair, the Doctor looking around her room like he usually does. Clara clicked off the hair dryer, a comfortable silence settling in the room around them. She quickly styled her hair into a side parting, slightly poofing her fringe to give it some volume. Once satisfied with how it looked, she turned around to see the Doctor carefully examining something that sat on her bedroom table. She looked closer to see that he was looking at a picture Clara had found whilst routing through her drawers; one of her and her best friend from high school. They were sat in a science lesson, not paying attention to the substitute teacher who was attempting to tell them about chemical reactions. The girls were pulling faces at the camera, Clara could remember who took the photo. She even remembered the room number of the science classroom and the name of her teacher who was off that day. She missed high school because it provided her with so many amazing friends, but at the same time it was one of the hardest things she ever had to do with not having a mother to help her with her homework and a dad who was constantly working to provide for them both. The time lord drew his eyes away from the photograph, looking at Clara and studying her face. He felt sorry for her sometimes, he knew how much she struggled with accepting her mother had died when she hit her teenage years. Even now she struggles, but when you hit 13 and everything starts changing all you want is your mum to comfort you when you feel like you're drowning.

"So what are we doing today?" Clara sat down next to the Doctor, resting her head lightly on his shoulder.

"Today, my impossible girl, we are going to a planet that has purple seas, 4 suns AND dolphins with checked skin!" The Doctor was looking at Clara and she smiled at his adorable excitement. Stop it Clara, you can't think of him that way!

"That sounds amazing Doctor! Lets go then." She removed her head from the Doctor's shoulder and stood up. The time lord jumped up from his space on Clara's bed and grabbed onto her hand, dragging her through her flat and into her living room. The Tardis stands right in the middle of the room proudly, the Doctor actually parking it properly for once without smashing something like he usually would.

"Ooh hang on a minute Doctor, I've left my phone in my room!" Clara let go of his hands and ran back to her bedroom. He looked at his hand she had just been holding, it now feeling cold due to the loss of her hand in his. Oh give over you silly old man, she only let go of your hand! He felt a smile grow on his face as he heard the click of Clara's heels on the floor as she ran back to the living room. He loved the fact that she wore heels to make herself taller, he thought her height (or rather lack of) was adorable and found it hilarious when she was grumpy because of his jokes. She arrived back in the living room, stopping for a few seconds so she could look at her phone. His eyes were glued to her, the light hitting her face in such a way that he was sure she wasn't real because she was too beautiful. She walked over to the Doctor, eyes fixed to her phone screen as she read an article about teaching. Together they walked into the Tardis, neither paying attention to where they were going because it was just habit and they knew what they were doing.