Part 5 Fishermen's Folly

The Fishermen’s Folly sign, hung above the inn, creaking in the soft breeze, it was located on the outskirts of the Godmodin plains, it had been the only resting stop, that Kan and Ornoc had seen for miles. They hitch up their horses outside the tiny tavern, and made their way through the wooden front door.

"Good day, traveller." Said a grey haired and bearded man who rested both of his elbow on the counter. "Is it a room you are after?"

"No, not this time, friend." Replied Kan "We just need to rest up for a bit, from our journey."

"And get a bite to eat." Interjected Ornoc

"Well, you have come to the right place then," informed the grey bearded man "my wife does the best stew in all Genkarriss."

"Sounds, perfect." Responded Ornoc as he licked his lips

"She's just out the back there, in the dining hall." He instructed as he tugged and pulled some hair out of his moulting beard "Help yourselves to a table, we got a few patrons feasting this evening."

"Will do" thanked Ornoc as he hastily made his way to the banqueting hall with Kan following close behind him.

"Remember, we don't have very long until the sun goes down." Muttered Kan, but Ornoc didn't seem to hear, or was too occupied by the thought of food.

"I can smell the stew." Smiled Ornoc as he lifted his nose in the air and smelt the scent flowing out of the hall

The dining hall had five table which packed out the small room, three of them where already filled with customers, four fishermen, from either, Brightport or Myrn, sat at the table further from the door and had just about finished their meal and where downing their mugs of brew while discussing their best catches for the day.

Next to them nearer the kitchen, was an elegantly dressed lady with a young blond haired man, who wore a gem encrusted red eye patch over his left eye, they both looked weary from travelling, and where waiting impatiently for their bowls of stew.

On the third table, in the centre of the room, sat a burly looking man with a war beaten face, marked with two large scares down his cheeks and a large sword hanging from his belt. , he had just being given his stew and was ungracious in accepting it from the cook.

"What can I get you," asked the cook as she turned to look at Kan and Ornoc "a bowl of my best stew?"

"Yes, please." Eagerly replied Ornoc

"Two, if you would be so kind." Added Kan as he held up the corresponding fingers with his gloved hand

"Certainly," agreed the cook "make yourselves at home."

Ornoc pulled up the chair nearest to him and sat with a view over all the other table, Kan walked round the other side and positioned himself, facing Ornoc, with his back to the other diners.

"You come far, lady?" Asked the burly looking man as he slurped on his stew

"From the capital." Replied the elegant lady politely, but somewhat dismissive as she turned her gaze away from the scarred man

"Where you heading?" Continued the burly man as he stopped and gazed somewhat disconcertingly at the elegant lady  

"Brightport" she responded looking towards the kitchen to see when her stew was coming, her blond companion, looked disapprovingly at the burly man and his dark attire as he continued his questions.