42

Forty-two minutes on the clock. The heat is rising. Can the TARDIS trio survive this one?

***

As the TARDIS whirred away, the Doctor was busy sonicking Martha's phone. "Right, there we go. Universal roaming. Never have to worry about a signal again."

He threw it back to her. "No way. This is too mad. You're telling me I can phone anyone, anywhere in space and time on my mobile?"

"That's the idea." Willow chimed in.

"As long as you know the area code. Frequent flier's privilege. Go on, try it." The Doctor encouraged. However, just as she opened up her flip phone, the TARDIS jolted suddenly. He ran over to the monitor, checking for any interferences. "Distress signal. Locking on. Might be a bit of-" Before he could finish his sentence, their machine came to an abrupt stop and the trio was knocked off their feet. "Turbulence. Sorry."

"At this point, I'm used to it." His fiancee admitted.

The Doctor helped her back onto her feet as Martha stood up herself. "Come on, ladies. Let's take a look."

The moment they opened the TARDIS' doors, they were engulfed by a raging heat. "Blimey, the temperature in here!"

"Whoa, now that is hot." The place was glowing red with steam bursting out of every pipe.

Martha stumbled out, instantly feeling the heat. "Whuff, it's like a sauna in here."

Willow removed her brown leather jacket and threw it back into the TARDIS, revealing a light-blue shirt underneath. The Doctor inspected their surroundings. "Venting systems. Working at full pelt, trying to cool down. Wherever it is we are. Well, if you can't stand the heat..."

He strolled over to a bulkhead door and unscrewed it, soon entering a corridor. Their surroundings were very reminiscent of another adventure Willow had with the Doctor. 

"Oi, you three!" On the other end of the corridor, two men and a woman came racing towards them. 

"Get out of there!" The woman yelled as the others stepped out.

"Seal that door, now!" The first man shouted, pushing the bulkhead door shut.

The woman glared at them. "Who are you? What are you doing on my ship?"

"Are you police?" he asked.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes. "Why would we be police?"

"We got your distress signal." She told them.

Willow folded her arms. "We're here to help... somehow..."

"If this is a ship, why can't I hear any engines?" questioned the Doctor.

"It went dead four minutes ago." The woman stated.

"So maybe we should stop chatting and get to Engineering, Captain." Another man suggested.

An overhead computer spoke. "Secure closure active."

"What?"

"The ship's gone mad." The second man said.

Another woman with a pixie cut came sprinting down the hallway as every exit behind her was being blocked off. "Who activated secure closure? I nearly got locked into area twenty-seven." As the last bulkhead closed, she turned to the three strangers. "Who are you?"

"He's the Doctor, she's Willow, and I'm Martha. Hello..." Martha informed them, her words trailing off as she wandered over to a small porthole.

"Impact projection forty-two minutes, twenty-seven seconds." The computer announced.