E p i s o d e 1 3

6 days, that's how long you have been here. It's seemed like nothing changed from the time you had here before the whole Kidenstale burning incident. The only difference was a whole lot of more trust between you and Ashe.

It was rather late now, you could tell by how dark it was outside, Ashe was supposed to come back a long time ago. You had already read three 500 paged books that day, and you were bored of reading.

You weren't concerned that Ashe was hurt, you knew she would be fine. A yawn that escaped your lips showed how really tired you were. You thought about just going to sleep without Ashe, even if the bed felt empty without her.

A thought fluttered in your head, as much as you tried swatting it away, it stayed, bugging you. Is the door unlocked..? It didn't matter if it was, you wouldn't run.. Is the door unlocked..?

Curiosity overwhelmed you, just the thought of what Ashe was doing made it impossible to think of anything else. Is the door unlocked..? You slowly stepped out of the bed, walking to the door.

With a shakey hand, you wrapped your pale fingers around the steel door nob. Is the door unlocked...? As you twisted your wrist, the door opened smoothly, no creaking.

An eerie silence surrounded you, the dark hallways making no noise, it's only light coming from your bedroom.  Ok, I got my answer.. I'll just go-- Your thoughts were cut short by the sound of banging on concrete walls.

You felt curiousity starting to prick at you again. Stop that! Your common sense fought with your curiousity, letting your body just stand there, staring with glassy eyes down the hallway. All bad things in my life came from 'curiousity', I should just forget it.

The banging continued, relentless pounding, you can only imagine whoever those bloody knuckles belonged to, they were scared. Scared enough to destroy their hands, begging for help.

After awhile, the pounding stopped, leaving you in the silence once again. You felt your feet slowly start to glide across the dark hall, leaving your safe haven. There was only one other room at the end of the hallway, so you had a guess of where the noise came from.

Darkness enclosed on your pale, scrawny figure as you reached the end of the hallway. The door stood in front of you, like a guard to a cell. It was iron, unlike all the other wooden doors in the mansion.

Soft sobbing came from behind the door, belonging to what sounded like a young boy. A slide lock was at the top of the door, you had to push onto your tip toes to reach the lock. As it unlocked, a noise that wouldn't have seemed loud if it wasn't completely silent came from the lock. The sobbing stopped abruptly.

You slowly pushed the door open, peeking only slightly into the room. You almost gasped when you saw what was inside. There was a small cell, inside there was a young boy, he looked 15, maybe 16. He wore ripped and dirty old bandit clothing.

He sat on a wooden bed, clutching a cowboy hat to his chest. His brown eyes, red and fuffy from crying, glared at yours, a mix of relief, confusion, and suspicion filled them as you fully entered the room.

"W-who.. who tah hell are you supposed to b-be?" His voice had a southern accent, it shook and cracked in fear. "I'm Y/n." You whispered, not wanting to scare him more than he already. You slowly walked into the room, sitting on the floor a few feet away from his cell.

"I'm Jesse." He said, an ever so slight smile appearing on his face. "What are you doing here, Jesse?" You spoke with concern, brushing loose strands if hair from your face. "I-I work for the boss.. b-but.. I don't want to, so she put me in here after I tried to run.."

You sighed resting your head on your knees. "I get you.." he looked at you confused sitting up, cautiously walking towards you, "You do? I-I mean.. you tried to run?" You nodded.

"Twice. Once she caught me, the second time I got out, but she found me a week later." He smiled at you, "Well, if your not dead, that she won't kill me!" He said all to enthusiastically.

You opened your mouth to speak, but you were cut off, "Y/n." You and Jesse turned to the door, where Ashe stood, anger gleaming in her eyes, "A-Ashe-!" You stood up, and she cut you off again,

"What are you doing here?"

(Ooo, spooky spooky. Sorry this update took so long, I've been busy practicing for my improv competition tommorow, so, wish me luck, we got 1st place in all three competitions last year, so we got a reputation to uphold.)