E p i s o d e 9

"Ashe, please-" You begged but Ashe couldn't care less, she just started counting.

"10."

You clentched your fists in frustration, "Stop treating me like a child-"

"9."

With a shakey sigh you calmed yourself enough to start thinking.

"8."

'Ok.. I love Ashe, and I doubt anyone will ever love me like she does.. so I should pick her..'

"7."

'But my town needs me, and I promised to protect them..'

"6."

'But they they have two very good cops, and one hell of a sheriff.'

"5."

'But, Ashe never said what happened to the Sheriff, I just just guessed she let him go... but.. what if they have no sheriff, since I'm deputy, I'd have to leave Ashe to be the sheriff.'

"4."

'Wait.. what would happen if I left her, would she try and hurt the town, would she come back to kill me and the whole town?'

"3."

'So I should pick Ashe, she wouldn't hurt them if I picked her.'

"2."

'But there was a few problems still besides the Deadlock gang, I don't know if they'd know how to handle them.'

"1."

You looked up at Ashe desperately, "Please.." you whispered sadly.

"0."

"Ashe-" Ashe pulled out her gun and pressed it against the side of your head, "Times up, tell me your answer or I'll shoot." You were scared, not because there was a gun to your head, it's the the person holding the gun.

It wasn't the Ashe that kissed you gently and took care of you when you almost starved, this was the Ashe you saw rob banks in your town and the one who kidnapped you and tied you up in a dark room.

Tears were spilling down your cheeks by now, you were never this weak. "P-please, Ashe.. please.." Ashe did not react with sympathy, she only pressed the gun harder against your head, "Pick."

You were scared and overwhelmed, so you did the only thing you could do, and followed you instincts from being a Deputy. You kicked her in the stomach and you sent her stumbling back, she didn't fall though.

Without second thought you sent her a dark glare and you walked out the door, tears silently falling down your face.

3 hours later..

You had left Ashes mansion and after three hours of walking down the road you passed a guy with a broken down truck, you made a deal with him that if you fixed his car he'd take you to back to Kidenstale.

It took you about 50 minutes but you finally fixed it and you two got moving, you talked normally, you decided that the fastest way you'd get over Ashe is by pretending you never liked her, and nothing happened between you two.

"So," you started casually, "How long till we reach Kidenstale." The man, whose name, you learned, was Max responded with a shrug, "Dunno, 5 to 8 minutes, not long."

You leaned back in your chair in the shot-gun seat and looked out the window, "What are you even going to there for, it's kinda fishy, you know, since you were walking."

"I got lost on a patrol," you lied. "Cool, you a cop there?" He asked harmlessly, getting a nod from you, "Yeah, I'm the Deputy, they probably think I'm dead though, I've been gone for two weeks."

Max chuckled, forming a smile on your face, "Yeah.. what are you doing here?" You asked, Max happily replied, "I'm a hunter, the Sheriff wanted to make some deal for me to bring some meat for the town store."

As you two got closer the town came into your view, but some was off about it, "The hell.." Max groaned but kept driving. A feeling of uneasiness fell over your, praying Ashe did nothing.

The buildings were black and deformed, burnt. You finally got there and you took a look at the town, well, what was left of it. All of the buildings were burnt to a crisp, some were collapsed, a few were still on fire.

Smoke filled the air, it made you cough. Max walked next your side, crossing his arms, "What the hell happened here?" You gulped, having a feeling you knew.

Max started moving around, looking for survivors. You immediately walked the only towards the only un-touched building, the Sheriff's office.

You opened the door to be caught by a disgusting sight, that made you want to run out of there immediately. There sitting on the ground in front of the Sheriffs Desk was the corpses of the two cops and Sheriff Smith.

Each of them were killed in different ways, one of the cops had gun shots everywhere, the onther one had his eyes gouged out, and the sheriff had a his shirt ripped a bit to a reavel a heart carved into his chest.

You were about to run out of there, but you noticed the sheriff had something in his hand, slowly you walked towards him, you kneeled front in front of his dead body and opened up his hand and took the slip of paper from his palm.

Quickly you scrambled away from the corpses and you unfolded the paper. You stopped breathing for a second when you saw what it was. It was a picture of you and Ashe kissing, 'what the hell!? I don't remenber her taking that picture.'

"Yesh, and I thought my Ex was crazy." You snapped around see Max looking at the paper, "Well that's who I'm guessing did this.." you nodded nervously.

He sighed and started walking out of the building, "You can crash at my place." You followed him out of the building, "Thanks." He smiled, "Yeah, sure, you better not snore though."

((Oof, this got emotional quickly, thanks for 2K reads!))