Chapter 7: Finally, We're Getting Somewhere

Chapter 7: Finally, we’re getting somewhere!

Shikamaru’s P.O.V

Ino is still in Gaara’s body, she must be getting some important information. I stare at the blonde girl in the tiny purple outfit lying in the grass. She’s been out for about 5 minutes, any longer and I’ll go crazy! What a drag…

“Shika,” Ino says.

“Huh? Oh your back!” I smile. “So what did you learn?”

“Sasori didn’t have to use Puppet Jutsu on the Akatsuki after all, and I saw Noketsu and Sasori said to come back in about 30 minutes if they’re not out,” she tells us.

"Thanks,” I say. I look at Temari and Baki who nod. Ino rests her chin on her crossed arms and stares down the hole. I lie next to her on my back and watch the stars. “Something wrong Ino?”

“No, just bored,” she says continuing to stare down the hole.

“Oh me too, this is such a drag,” I lay my right arm over my eye and yawn. Ino giggles.

“Tired Shika?”

“Yeah,” I laugh. I can feel Temari’s eyes on me but I ignore it. I don’t know who I have a crush on, sometimes its Ino and sometimes it Temari. Right now it’s Ino, later it will probably be Temari, like it was earlier when she came to my house. I peek out from under my arm to see Temari training with Baki.

“Ino,” I glance at her, she doesn’t answer. I stand up and walk over to Temari and Baki. “Can I join you?”

“Sure,” Temari jumps back and slings her weapon fan. A gust of wind blows Baki over.

“Please do!” Baki stumbles on his way over to me. “She may be my student but she isn’t going easy on me.”

“Go on that side of the field,” Temari points in front of her.

“Are you sure we should train in the dark?” I ask form my side of the field.

“Yep, it makes it harder,” she says. “For you at least.”

“Why?”

“No shadows,” she smirks with an evil glint in her eye.

Sasori’s P.O.V

I watch as Dei and Tobi tape Noketsu’s mouth shut.

“Cat,” I turn to the girl who finally stopped crying. “We can kill him now.”

“No Sasori, killing him is my job,” her voice is as cold and hard as ice.

“Yes ma’am, but I did not know if that is what you wanted or not,” I reply.

“Understood, please, lock him up. But keep him bound and taped. He probably knows how to get out of the cell,” she says. Dei slings him over his shoulder and Tobi follows him out of the cell. I hear a slamming cell door on the other side of the hall and 3 Akatsuki members come back. Dei, Tobi, and Hidan.

“Hello,” Hidan strolls past Gaara and to Cat. “You’re Cat right?”

“Yes,” she steps back when he steps closer. I can see the fear on her face this man creates. Hidan takes her hand and kisses it. Gaara’s face goes cold and he balls his fists at his sides.

“So Cat, when we bust out of this joint how about me and you go do something together,” he winks at her. “You’re single right?”

“Eh-”

Gaara pulls Cat against him, “She isn’t going anywhere with you.”

“So you’re taken, I can respect that,” he sits on the swing. “But not for long.”