Chapter 4: Noketsu Returns

Click.

Cat runs to retrieve the photo before it slides to the carpeted floor; she holds her leather gloved hands out under the camera and catches the photo. She waves it until the image develops Gaara strolls over to her and peeks over her shoulder. Temari stands back, watching them stand so close together. Girlfriend of the Kazekage, she thinks. Such a grand title yet Cat doesn’t want it.

“Temari,” Cat walks up to her, Gaara on her heels.

“Yeah?” she looks at the girl with the jet black hair and piercing green eyes. Cat was a few inches shorter than her and the same height as the red-headed emo standing behind her.

“Did you hear me?” Gaara waves his hand in front of Temari’s face; she blinks a few times- as if the world was coming back into focus.

“Oh, no, sorry,” she puts a hand to her head and rubs. “I zoned out.”

“Thinking about Shikamaru again?” Gaara crosses his arms across his chest and smirks.

Temari turns pink, “No!”

“Who is Shikamaru?” Cat wonders.

“Nobody-”

“A Leaf Ninja that Temari has a crush on,” Gaara interrupts. Temari rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. Cat raises an eyebrow and shakes her head; she walks away from the feuding friends and to her dresser. She picks up the green frame with Sand symbols on each side and corner and slid the photo into place. She is smiling at the picture when all of a sudden she is on the ground. The last thing she sees before the bag goes over her head is the picture of her, with Gaara on her right with his arm around her and Temari leaning in front her since she is the tallest- shattered before her.

Gaara’s P.O.V.

They yank the bag off of my head, I stare into the eyes of a Sound Ninja- he has long black hair and lifeless gray eyes. I narrow my eyes at him; he leans back and takes a puff of his cigarette. A familiar stranger…

My eyes grow wide once I realize who I am staring at, “Ariu.”

“Yes, I am Noketsu Ariu,” he stands to his full size; he is tall and thin and is wearing a black cloak with red clouds. I notice immediately what kind of cloak it is- Akatsuki. “I’ve come for my daughter, but when I saw you, I couldn’t resist.”

“Right here sir,” another Akatsuki member drags a squalling Cat into the dimly lit room with absolutely no windows or anything- just cement walls and flooring. I try to reach out to her but fall onto my stomach; my hands are bound together by a thin rope. I pull but can’t break free.

“Gaara!” Cat yelps. She looks at me with tears brimming her green eyes- they seem to be glowing- and cokes on a sob. When she tried to break away from the Akatsuki member that had dragged her in, Noketsu slams his foot on her.

“Shut up girl,” he growls. She falls with a thus onto the hard cold cement and I have to bite my tongue to keep my mouth shut. Never have I felt like this- never. I gulp when she doesn’t move; I blink back tears as I stare at the limp figure on the ground.

“C-cat…?” I heave myself up onto my knees and to my feet, I walk to her. I kneel in front of her and stare at her. Oh, poor Kitty-Cat…

“She isn’t dead, but if she doesn’t obey my orders,” he cackles and takes another puff. “She will be. Sasori untie the boy.”

“Yes sir,” the red head- Sasori- unties me and goes to stand next to his master.

“You have about an hour, it’ll take some time for her to wake up anyway,” the two walk out of the room form a steel door on the right wall and slam it closed- then lock it. I turn away from the door and hug my knees up to my chest, Cat is still.