Chapter 3

Eli and Aidan walk downtown together on their way to an old library.

“No you see Aidan, humans aren’t worthless. I mean look around.” Eli waves his hands at the buildings surrounding them. “Sure we’re superior and all but really they built up their own empire. They’re still progressing even with all the flaws. And do you forget that they’re kinda uh vital to our existence?”

Aidan is silent. That’s no excuse as to why they’re such a miserable species. There is so much wrong with their world and they’re doing little to change it. It’s not even pitiful to watch. More annoying to have to watch something climb out of its hole even of only a little only to dig itself back in. He tilts his head back looking at the sky.

“No. I don’t forget. They just annoy me is all. There so helpless, it’s pathetic. It makes them worthless. A nuisance.”  He sticks his hands in his jeans pockets. “Change the subject.”

“Ok, well I-“ He is cut off by the ringing of his phone and Aidan looks back down. God what is that dreadful screeching? He looks to Eli’s phone and finds that it’s the source, the small device blaring in what Eli deemed as ‘music’.

“Yello. Get Bent Services here. Founder and wonderful CEO Eli Edmore speaking how may I help you?” Aidan rolls his eyes. Why am I not surprised… He catches a man staring at them having heard Eli’s greeting. He shoots a glare at him causing the human to look down and quicken his pace muttering.

“If looks could kill…” Then it’d save me a lot of trouble. He looks back to Eli, listening to the other end of the line as he walks, then looking blankly ahead not bothering to maneuver in the crowd as the people automatically parted way for him. Seems as if I’ll be making the rest of this trip alone. Eli’s expression is a bit anxious after he hangs up.

“It some of my friends. They’ve got into a bit of trouble and-“He cuts the Eli off.

“I know.” Eli looks at him confused before the realization dawns on him.

“Oh so you heard? Sorry I have to go ,but-“Yet again he cuts off the sentence.

“No. I have no interest in your worthless friends and their incompetent human situations. Now go.” Eli stares at Aidan his face hinting the slightest bit of anger before he nods stiffly and turns heading back in the direction they came. Perhaps… that was unnecessary? No. Of course not, what I said was true and there is nothing left to it. He sighs and crosses the street swiftly walking to the second building and entering.

            The soft chime of a bell sounds as he enters and Aidan is overwhelmed by the familiar old musk of aged paper and worn leather backs. Soft light drifts into the library from the large windows, illuminating the small entrance and making the dust flecks in the air appear to even the eye not as keen as his. He looks at the nestled desk against the wall to the left of him and finds it barren of its usual occupant. Well that’s unusual… He walked forward through the tall aisles of books in the cozy library looking for the owner.

            “Josephine?” He freezes hearing a noise in the backroom and slowly begins to walk towards the door. “Josephine?” Could someone have…No. I would have noticed. He straightens his back and walks to the door swiftly his hand about to grab the knob when the door is quickly swung open revealing a young woman.

            “Sorry I was upstairs. Can I help you?” Aidan looks down at her confused before quickly regains his composure taking in a breath only to freeze again. His eyes narrow at her and his expression deems anger.

The woman’s already large eyes widened as she took an uncertain step backward. “S-Sir?”

“No. There is nothing you can help me with.” He turns his back to her and begins walking to the door. Aidan stops hand on the knob and looks back at the woman, still staring openly shocked, uncertainly before huffing setting his dark eyebrows down with a frown. He quickly opens the door and walks out swiftly walking down the street. Damn…

A.N.: Well guys there it be. ^_^ I hoped you enjoyed I thought this chapter was kinda rough especially the ending I feel like I didn’t put into the right words but im glad its done. I also hope I thoroughly voiced each of the vampire’s standings of their opinion on humans. Please R&R xD oh! Almost forgot the music Eli has is most likely some screamo stuff hehe. Since I like that genre Aidan gets to hate it :3