•8•

"Arnav ji, now we should go otherwise we'll be late." Saying this Khushi started going out holding Arnav's hand only to be stopped when he didn't move.

Khushi turns back to look at him only to meet his eyes which was already looking at her with expressions unknown to her. "What happened, Arnav ji? Lets go."

"But I just asked you for marriage?" Arnav replied.

"I know and I told you that I'll marry you but now we should leave." She replied feeling confused.

"And marriage?" Arnav tried again.

"Arnav ji, we have to reach there. Marriage will not happen here for you." She speaks while giggling.

"Khushi, I am talking about our marriage." he replied feeling irritated and Khushi stopped laughing at once.

"Once Akash ji and Jiji's marriage is done, we'll talk with our families." Khushi replied calmly.

Arnav sighed as he decided to talk clearly "No, Khushi. I want us get married now."

"What?" Khushi almost shouted in response.

"What are you saying, Arnav ji? How can we get married like this? Without our families and without any rituals." Khushi tries to make him understand.

"Exactly! That's why i want us to get married right now." Arnav said making Khushi to look at him confused.

Holding her hands, Arnav looked into her eyes before clarifying further "Khushi, you know that I don't like these rituals and unnecessary crowd. If we tell our families they'll surely start with so many rituals for marriage. Neither I like them and nor I want to stay away from you anymore till they complete there rituals." He speaks while kissing on her cheeks.
Khushi mellows down hearing this but she was still feeling confused with everything and Arnav can see that.

Cupping her cheek with his one hand and encircling other around her bare waist, he continues "Khushi, I want us to stay together therefore I am insisting for marriage otherwise you know I don't believe in all this. This is the surprise for which I brought you here with me. I want to marry you. I have already made all the arrangements and now just waiting for your reply."

"But Arnav ji, how? What about our families?" Khushi questioned, feeling confused.

"Khushi, I'll handle them and already everyone knows that I don't like all these rituals etc. We will tell them before Akash and Payal's reception and we can have our reception together." Arnav explain before throwing the ball in her court again "Now its up to you. You want to marry me or not?"

Khushi looks confused, really confused, everything is happening so fast. She
wanted to say no, but on the other side she don't. What if Arnav ji gets angry or leave her?

Here he is ready to marry her because he loves her and she is planning to
say no? She scolded herself mentally.
She should be happy at least she'll be married to him. So what if it will be not like the wedding she dreamt, she's going to marry the person of her dreams, the love of her life. She is getting the chance to spend her whole life with him. Can't she sacrifice this much for her Arnav ji and his happiness? Also, like Arnav ji said, their family will understand and forgive them.

Here Arnav ji is doing so much for her, she shouldn't hurt him. She can do this much for the man she loves. Still conflicted with the thoughts of her mind and heart, she smiled and nodded looking at Arnav, who in return hugged her. Khushi hugged him back, but she was unsuccessful to vanish the fear nagging inside her. While Arnav smirked on his success and tightened his grip on her.

Khushi, you don't know what you have agreed for. Very soon, I'll destroy you in a way that you'll wish to die.

Arnav smiled evilly stroking her bare back from her choli and dropped a kiss on her nape. Khushi shivered his lips and fingers on her skin.

"Wait! Let me call Aman." Arnav speaks while coming out of hug.
"Aman ji? Why?" Khushi asked confused.

"For marriage papers! I have told him to keep them ready." Khushi nodded "Ok."

"You stay here. I'll come in a while." Khushi nodded again and Arnav left from there.

After sometime she found herself in an old temple (Mandir) situated in backyard of Arnav's farmhouse and by the looks she can say it's very old.

Soon they exchanged garlands, Arnav tied mangalsutra (nuptial thread) on her neck, and filled her maang with sindoor. A tear escaped from Khushi's eyes. How much she used to dream about her marriage and now she is standing here alone just Arnav standing by her side.

She hugged Arnav tightly, at least she have her Arnav ji with her and that is enough for her. Arnav hugged her back, himself feeling restless.

Khushi was happy that now she belongs to her Arnav ji and Arnav was happy because he got success in this step also.

But what he didn't know that soon a time will come when his this success will become his downfall.

To be continued.....

Thank you for reading ☺

Next update after 150+ votes