Loving You (Epilogue)

Nick's POV

*9 months later*

These past few months have been quite hard on me and Selena. Everyone making up stupid rumors about our decision to get married and for leaving Olivia and Justin.

And Selena has been having it much more complicated the fact that she was pregnant throughout most of it.

But I was always there for her when she would break down in tears.

Three months after she found out she was pregnant, we got married in a private ceremony in Dallas with only our families and close friends.

She said it was everything she had ever dreamed of, especially since she was marrying someone like me.

That day is something that I will never forget. The way she looked in her wedding dress, the way she felt when we kissed as a married couple, the way she glowed when we had our first dance.

And today is just another day that I will never forget. The day I get to meet my first son.

Selena is sleeping after 10 hours of going through labor and my son is in his crib, sleeping. Above him is important notes the hospital leaves that says his time of birth, how much he weighed, and everything else.

I'm sitting right beside her, holding her hand though I haven't ever let go when it first started. And now I'm starting a new chapter of my life with her and my son, Alexander Carter Gomez-Jonas.

What was the most complicated thing me and Selena ever talked about was the name change. I never asked her if she was willing to change her last name for mine. But during those three months, she kept telling me about it and I wasn't sure about it.

The day we had our marriage certificate verified and made legal, she made her final decision and added my name to hers.

Everyone will still remember her as Selena Marie Gomez, but to me and to our marriage certificate, she's now:

Selena Marie Gomez-Jonas.

But for now, she just wants to live in the moment with me and our son. I don't regret everything that has happened even on that day when we first got back together.

Even Demi has spent most of her time with Selena since reuniting their friendship. Most of it was talking about her pregnancy and getting everything ready for Alex's arrival, but they were both happy they could still be friends and forget about the past.

Soon Selena wakes up and smiles right at me, "How long have you been awake?"

"I'm not sure. I guess I'm not as tired as you are."

"How do you feel, babe?"

"About being a father or being married to the most beautiful woman?"

"Both," she softly chuckles.

"It feels like a dream that I don't ever want to wake up from. I'm so blessed to have this happen. Even more that I get to spend my life with you, love."

"Same here. And I'm even more excited that Alex is going to be just like his father. A rockstar with so many girls chasing after him."

I just had to laugh when she said that. Maybe Alex will love being a performer, and if he enjoys having girls chase him, I hope he finds that one girl to chase after.

"One day, Lena. I'm sure that Joe and Kevin will teach him the lifestyle, but for now, let's just see how he can handle life on the road."

"Hmm, when was that decided?"

"Just now. I'm sure he will love it just as much as Alena will," I tell her.

 "We'll see how it goes then. When does the tour start?"

"The guys and I are leaving in three weeks and our first stop is San Francisco. I know that the fans are excited that we're reuniting after breaking up two years ago."

"I'm sure they'll love the new music too. And all you'll ever need is having me near the stage with Alex," Selena says.

"Wouldn't want it any other way, love."

After 2 days in the hospital, we finally got to take Alex back home and everyone has been waiting to see him as well. Even Kevin and Dani flew out so that Alena could meet her new cousin.

Most of the day, Selena and I were close to each other while everyone got a chance to hold Alex. And only once did I ever tell Selena that I wish I could go back in time to where we first broke up and stop myself from making that mistake.

She told me that what happened before doesn't matter now because she believes that I was meant for her, it just took us longer for us to realize it.

At the end of the day, everyone went home and Selena put Alex to bed and came back into our room. She quickly went to sleep with her arm on my chest, while I was still awake.

And I couldn't help but just look at her.

"Out of all of the girls, you're my one and only girl," I quietly sang to her.

When I was so close to falling asleep, I heard her say, "Just tell me that you'll stay."

And she kissed me.

I know now that I am ready. More than ever before.