Bittersweet Moments

Demi's POV

I finally made it to the studio where Nick has been waiting for so long. I've been dealing with quite a lot these past few days, but the one thing that still has me irritated is the drama about Selena.

I've tried all I can to help her and all I get was her screaming at me, thinking I'm controlling her life and not being supportive.

It's hard to be her friend if she wants to hurt herself so bad with someone who really doesn't love her the way she needed to be.

When I walked into the studio where I was supposed to find only Nick, I end up also seeing him with Selena, who's crying for some weird reason.

But this is expected every time I hear about Selena and her self-destructing lifestyle and her poisonous friends.

"What's going on in here? Selena, why are you here?" I ask them both.

Nick says, "Don't worry about it, Demi. And do you mind leaving us alone for a few more minutes? I need to speak with her privately."

"I don't think so, Nick. You know exactly what has happened between me and her, and I don't need it getting anymore complicated right now if she stays," I tell him. "And what exactly are you both talking about that I'm not allowed to know? It's not like everyone else in the whole world doesn't already know about her."

I knew that what I just said made Selena feel even worse than what she was already feeling. I felt pain in my heart for being the worse friend ever for making her feel bad about what has been happening to her.

I know she doesn't mean for it to happen and I shouldn't have ever said it like that. Then she quickly walks past me and out the door, with tears rushing down her face.

I only look down at the floor, refusing to even look Nick in the eyes because I know he's upset at me for hurting Selena so bad.

"How could you do that, Demi? How could you say all those hurtful things to her?" he says.

"Well, I want to know what you guys were talking about that was so important that it doesn't require me to be in the room."

"Why does it bother you so much that you really want to know? I thought you were through speaking about Selena."

"I am. What I want to know is why she was here and why she was crying. What happened in here, Nick? I want to know the truth now," I demanded.

"Fine. You want to know the truth. Well, here it is, I asked Selena if she could Olivia's surrogate when she told me that she also wanted to have a baby. Then she got upset at me. Are you happy now, Demi?"

Now I'm more than upset at both of them, but more of it is at Nick for what he was trying to do.

"Nick, that is so selfish of you that you have to do that to both Selena and Olivia. It's more than just asking someone to do a favor, it's worse when you're asking your ex-girlfriend to carry your current one's baby."

"I know."

"She's just not ready for something like this anyway. She has too much going through her mind right now and a baby is not going to help her at all," I explain to him.

"It doesn't mean it was going to help me as well when Olivia kept pushing on me. I was never ready to become a father with her anyway," he says.

"So why were you trying to push Selena to become a surrogate for Olivia?"