09. Another Day

unedited sorry

Rosie's thoughts were clouding her mind and no matter how much she wanted to give in and kiss him back with as much passion and he was giving her, she knew it was wrong.

"Luke, you're drunk.... and I'm kind of seeing someone. We can't do this" She reluctantly pulled away from the blonde boy.

Confusion clouded his crystal blue eyes. "What? You're seeing that guy?"

"Erm yeah, I guess" she looked down at her feet, decreasing the space between the two of them so she would be less attempted to give into her desires.

Luke just shook his head in dissapointment, of himself. He then sighed and managed to stand up on his own two feet. "I need to go"

"Are you crazy? You are not leaving my house!" She stood up as well, grabbing his bracelet clad wrist to prevent him from walking away from her.

"Just let me leave, my house is only down the street" Luke tried to pull his arm away from her.

"No. Like you said, your mother would be mad if you walk in at almost one in the morning drunk okay? You're staying here so don't try and tell me otherwise" She said assertively,

gripping Luke's arm again.

"Rosie, you have school tomorrow" he said, starting to sober up.

"Thats a lame excuse, Luke" she stated.

He huffed in annoyance. "Whatever, i'll stay" he said, while plopping down on the couch, grabbing the remote to power the television.

"Good night, Luke" she looked back at him.

"Night, Rosie" Luke looked up to find Rosie's gaze and they both shared a small smile, before Rosie turned around and walked up her stairs to her bedroom.

********

Rosie then woke up hours later to her horrible alarm, and realized it was time to once again, get ready for school. So she got up and got into her normal school morning routine, brushing her teeth braiding her chestnut colored hair with freshly dyed turquoise tips, and also putting on her makeup. She wore the outfit that Luke secretly loved, black skinny jeans, her rolling stones tank, and her rugged grey high top converse. When she walked downstairs she saw Luke sleeping peacefully on her leather couch, and then remembered last nights events. A small smile grazed her lips, before she walked into the kitchen while grabbing her phone to send a quick text to Luke saying that she had left for school and he could have complete access to her kitchen.

Rosie grabbed all of her books that were sprawled upon her dining room table before shoving them into her back pack before quietly heading out of her house, making sure not to wake up sleeping beauty on the way out. When she locked the door, she got into her Malibu, driving a couple houses down to Lilly and Luke's house. She then beeped her horn signaling her arrival. Lilly trudged out of her house and into Rosie's car.

"Hey" Rosie greeted.

"Hey" Lilly said breathlessly. "Luke didn't come home last night"

"Yeah.... he kinda showed up on my doorstep drunk last night" Rosie muttured, trying to concentrate on her driving.

Lilly looked at her wide eyes. "What?! Thats so unlike him. Mum was worried sick!" She exasperated, leaning her head back on the seat of the car.

"He's fine, he was still sleeping when I left" She nodded assuringly.

Lilly just sighed. "What has gotten into that boy" she turned her head to the window, shaking her head.

The car ride turned comfortably silent, it being too early in the morning for any more conversation between the two girls. When they arrived at the school parking lot, Lilly smiled when she saw Nate.

She greeted him in a big hug and a sweet kiss atop his lips. Rosie just awkwardly stood there until Nate saw her and waved.

*****

"So.... you never did tell me about the date with Curly" Lilly nudged Rosie in the cafeteria during the juniors lunch period.

Rosie blushed furiously. "Good" she said simply, trying to not make a big deal out of it.

"I need details!" Lilly grinned back at her.

Rosie then ran through the events of the time her and Harry had spent together. "Well, I watched his game and then afterwards we got ice cream then he just dropped me off"

"Their is something you're not telling me" Lilly pressed, raising an eyebrow.

And then a gentle smile broke out on Rosie's face. "We kissed" she said, still looking down at her plate while twirling a noodle from her mac n cheese.

"Yes, I knew it!" she yelled in triumph, receiving many stares from the other juniors at lunch that occupied the surrounding tables.

"Jesus, Lilly calm down people are staring" Rosie laughed at her.

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy that you're finally seeing someone" She smiled, putting emphasis on the word 'finally'.

Rosie muttered a faint yeah before returning to her food.

Lilly then spoke up. "Hey, I heard that their is a party tonight, at Caroline's house"

Rosie's eyes shot up in confusion and shock to why those words that had just come out of her house.

"Caroline? As in Caroline Mathews?" Rosie spoke with words that dripped with disgust. "Why would you want to go to her party?" she asked, putting emphasis on the word 'her'.

Lilly just simply shrugged. "I dunno, just thought that we haven't been to a party in a while and maybe we could go. Even if it happens to be at that bitch's house"

Rosie thought that Lilly did have a point. "I'll think about it"

*****

awkward ending sorry.

But i wrote this on my phone and yeah this is basically a filler chapter, but i promise the next chapter will be more interesting *wink* *wink*

peace out ✌️