06. Lies

When Luke basically forced Rosie into his room, Rosie was hoping this would be the time when Luke would confess his feelings. Although if he did not, she still had Harry, she thought. She knew how selfish it was. She knew how selfish it was to have Harry as a back up, a plan B. She would had never of done something shallow like this, as it wasn't in her nature. But she might if Luke doesn't grow the balls to tell Rosie what he's truthfully feeling.

Luke felt as if he was hopeless in his current situation. When Luke and Rosie met four years ago, as a result of her moving across the world because of her father's work, the both of them wouldn't dare to think something would go on between each other. But now it was happening, and they both had not a clue of what to do. Rosie was Lilly's best friend and Luke was Lilly's brother. Wasn't their some code on this?

Luke's mind had been going to mush when he would think about her. He would get excited when his sister would inform him that Rosie was coming over, meaning that he would see her again. He knew he shouldn't be feeling this way towards her, but the poor boy just couldn't help but do so.

"Luke, what the hell-" she started to exasperate in anger before Luke stopped her.

"Rosie I fucking told you we needed to talk, and you weren't moving so I went to desperate measures" He looked into her chocolate brown eyes that he would get hopelessly lost in every time he did. He still had his grip on her wrist and when she looked down at there hands, he let her hand go. Which he did not want to do.

She huffed in annoyance and took a seat at the bottom of his un made bed. "Fine". She looked around his catastrophe of a room which had at least ten posters of bands she knew he loved and she loved as well along with the several articles of clothing that occupy his wooden floor.

He took a seat beside her and took a deep breath. "I um, I don't know what to say" he said, scratching the back of his head. Luke was very awkward in these situations.

Rosie just huffed and got up from Luke's bed. "Are you fucking kidding me! You make it a great big deal how "we needed to talk", yet you don't know what to say?" Her voice was rising as well as her irritability.

Luke got up from his bed as well, standing in front of Rosie, having to look down at her to look in those beautiful eyes of hers that he adored to an extreme.

"Who was that guy." He asked, although it seemed as more of a demand than a question.

"What do you mean?" She asked in fake confusion. She knew who he was talking about, Harry.

"Th-that guy that was at my gig with you" He stuttered, avoiding eye contact.

'This should be fun' she thought. Her eyes widened as she pretended to realize what he was talking about. "Oh, you mean Harry?"

"Yeah um, him" He stated. He looked back up to meet her eyes.

"He's a friend. Why does it matter?" She almost smirked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to know" His eyes fell once again, and he looked a little hurt.

"Is that all you had to talk to me about?" She raised her perfectly groomed brows.

"Um...yeah" He sighed, looking deflated.

She muttered an okay before turning around and walking towards the door since their conversation seemed to be over.

"Wait, Luke?" She abruptly stopped and turned back over to the tall blond.

"Yeah?" He looked up at her.

"Why did you storm off earlier?" She asked him. Luke once again scratched the back of his head.

"I wanted to listen to music" he stated and Rosie new it was total bullshit.

Rosie looked at him in confusion. "But you basically stormed off and slammed your door" she uttered.

"Yeah" Luke didn't really have an excuse for this one.

"Um, okay" and with that, Rosie left the room.

****

A few days had flown by, Luke and Rosie never speaking to one another, yet they kept sneaking glances at each other when Lilly wasn't paying attention. Rosie felt a little different now. Luke played with her emotions, maybe he didn't know he was doing it, but he was. And she did not like it one bit. Rosie had came to the thoughtful decision that Luke had been playing games with her heart, and she will not be a part of his game any longer.

She was going to move on.

And that was why Rosie had accepted Harry's offer of attending his college baseball game.

Not wanting to cake her face since it would probably melt off due to the intense heat, she applied only a small amount of concealer to cover up any spots, some waterproof mascara along with smudged eyeliner, blush, and a matching lip stain. She ran her dainty hands through her now undone fishtail braid she had in earlier that day, creating her signature beachy waves.

Since Harry had to be at the college field early due to warm ups, Lilly was going to take Rosie to her "date", which what Rosie hoped it would be classified as. She was more than excited to see Harry again, as well as watch him play her favorite sport.

"Okay, lipstick check" Lilly looked over to her, opening her mouth to show her teeth, gesturing Rosie to do as well.

Rosie giggled but then obliged, showing off a cheesy, yet beautiful smile.

Lilly scanned her teeth, checking for any traces of Rosie's lip stain that might of travelled from her lips.

"Okay, your good" She gave her a thumbs up. "You nervous?"

Rosie took a deep sigh, breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth, which was what calmed her down and further prevented her potential anxiety. "Yeah. Maybe a little" she said breathlessly.

Lilly squeezed her hand in reassurance. "Everything will be great. Anyway, you'll be watching him play most of the time". Lilly was great in comforting Rosie in these types of situations, and Rosie really appreciated that.

Rosie took another deep breath, nodding her head. "Okay".

"That's my girl! Now go watch the boy of your dreams play baseball!" Lilly encouraged, smirking at her.

With a new wave of confidence washing over her, she felt as if she could conquer the world. Well maybe not the world, but she felt as if she could conquer this upcoming date.

"I got this" she muttered, spotting Harry and the rest of his team warming up on the field.

****

OKAY NEXT CHAPTER IS THE DATE AND I WAS SO EXCITED WRITING IT. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THIS STORY HAS 100 READS AND IDK ABOUT YOU BUT THATS A PRETTY BIG DEAL TO ME. THANK YOU GUYS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME AND READING THIS STORY SERIOUSLY IT MEANS ALOT

oh and i barely looked over this chapter, so i apologize for any errors i made.

-Rosie :)

p.s: holy shit Luke is so broad like omg i just