10. Party Time

ik dont hate me but i changed it back to 1st pov

but enjoy and comment if ya did ;)

Rosie

I have had my fair share in those typical high school parties oh let me tell you.

But who can resist a night of drinking, dancing, and just having good ol' fun?

Definitely not this child.

These are the nights i like to dabble in the smokey eyes, show a little more than i normally would, and just relax. No boy drama, no helicopter parents, and no school work to worry about until at least Saturday. I was getting really pumped.

I finished straightening the last bit of my hair when i heard the faint sound of a beeping car horn which signified Lilly's arrival. I looked at my reflection one last time and decided I looked pretty damn hot if I did say so myself (but god forbid i say that since that's "conceited").

Grabbing my overnight duffel (since i'm spending the night at Lilly's) and spraying a spritz of perfume, i deemed myself as ready before leaving the house.

I noticed Lilly in her mum's sky blue convertible with the top down. But Lilly wasn't driving, she was in the passenger seat. Luke was driving. I widened my eyes in surprise but then realized this used to happen all the time. Luke would always drive us so we wouldn't be tempted to drive whilst drunk. Breathe Rosie, you have to play this off like it's no big deal. I regained my composure and slid into the backseats.

"Hey" i said breathlessly.

"Hey, Rosie! Wow, you should've told me you were gonna look that good. I would've tried a little harder" Lilly playfully pouted.

"Shut up you look beautiful" I laughed.

Luke then looked up into the rear view mirror and glanced at me. His eyes lingered and my cheeks flushed as I came to realize what he was doing.

"Luke, you gonna drive? I would like to get there before I'm a senior citizen" Lilly huffed, smacking him in the arm.

Luke sharply turned his head to face her. "I'm going, Jesus Christ" he glared. And with those words, he sped off.

***

The rest of the ride was spent in awkward silence, well for me anyways, and maybe also Luke. When we arrived to the bitch of the century's house, Lilly and I got out of the car.

"Wait!" Luke shouted as we were already half way up the driveway. Lilly rolled her eyes whilst I laughed as we both turned around to the blonde headed boy. "What, Lucas?" she groaned.

Luke shook off the fact she had called him Lucas even though he absolutely despised when someone called him that. "You need to call me when you are ready to leave and whatever you do, do not get in someone else's car, promise?" concerned etched in his voice as his eyes flickered from his sister to me.

"For Christ's sake, you tell us this every time-" before she started her years long rant i decided it would be best if i cut her off, "We promise, Luke"