[ xi ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN

♔♔♔

She feels her head throb and she realizes the car is flipped. The seatbelt is holding her up but it's also making it hard to breathe. She coughs and the pain is too much. She lets out a cry, and tears leave her eyes. She looks around, scared.

She hears a noise and she looks over and sees the person she had hit, slowly standing up. Their bones cracking and popping back into place.

She tries to open the car door but she can't. Her heart pounds with fear as she watches the figure stand up and walk towards her. Her chest falls and rises wildly. She tries even harder, her aching body pulling at the door. Her body shakes with a sob and the feet stop right in front of her.

The figure leans down but she can't see his face.

AAAAHHHHHHHH

Luca's scream cuts through the air. And suddenly the figure is gone. She leans closer trying to see where he's gone when someone suddenly appears.

Luca lets out another scream, covering her face.

"How ya doing in there?"

She recognizes the voice.

"Damon?" she asks sobbing. In both fear and relief.

"You look stuck."

"It's my seatbelt. I can't - I can't-" Luca cries. She knows it's only Damon now, but the shock from everything makes it hard to think. She feels the car shake.

"Shh. Shh. Let me get you out of here," Damon reassures her. "I want you to put your hands on the roof," Damon instructs and Luca does her best to listen. She puts her hands flat on the roof. "Just like that."

Damon reaches in and grabs the seat belt. "You ready? 1, 2, 3." Damon rips the seat belt and Luca's body falls towards her. He catches her and lifts her up. "I got you." She is limp in his arms.

"Are you ok? Can you stand? Anything broken?" he asks. She shakes her head but that just makes everything more dizzy and confusing.

Damon sets her on her feet and she would have fallen if it wasn't for Damon holding her. "Okay. You're fading fast, Lucia, Lucia, look at me." Damon cups her head and helps her look into his eyes.

"Okay," he mumbles, moving her hair out of her face.

Luca manages to choke out one last sentence before collapsing.

"I look like her."

♔♔♔

When she finally wakes up she's in a car. She looks around at the scenery confused, this isn't Mystic Falls. She looks over at the driver's seat and sees Damon. Then it hits her.

That man.

"Morning," He says.

"Where are we?" she asks, putting her head on her temples.

"Georgia," Damon says nonchalantly.

"Seriously? Why are we in Georgia?" Luca groans.

"How ya feeling?" Damon asks. Luca squeezes her eyes closed before opening them again. Hoping to clear her mind a little. "There's no broken bones. I checked."

"That man... I hit him with a car. But he got up! Who was he?"

"That's what I would like to know."

Luca groans. "Can you pull over? Please? I need to stretch."

Damon sighs before doing what she said. Luca gets out of the car and goes to stretch. Only to have every muscle in her body to scream at her. She groans and puts her hand against the car for support.