20. Raving

--

--

"Oh, what the hell is this?" The sheriff asks Stiles after he took a bite of his burger. 

"A veggie burger." Stiles answers, grabbing his own food. I put a few fries in my mouth, suddenly really hungry. The sheriff looked surprised when I asked for two hamburgers and curly fries.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." The sheriff sighs. "Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." Stiles answers. 

"She's eating a hamburger. Two, actually." The sheriff points at me, I swallow the fries an shrug. "I'm not a Stilinski."

"Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?" The sheriff asks Stiles and puts the burger back into the bag. 

"Okay, I'm trying to extend your life, okay?" Stiles answers. I try not to laugh at the Sheriff's expression when he opens the other box and sees carrots and other vegetables. "Could you just eat it, please?" Stiles asks him.

I give the sheriff one of my burgers, he gives me a thankful look. Stiles doesn't he glares at me - it's actually scarier than Derek's glare. He sighs, "Can you tell us what you found?"

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers." The sheriff answers. "Is that it on the board behind you?"

"Don't look at it." Stiles gets up to get a better view. "Avert your eyes." The sheriff tells me. 

"Okay..." Stiles looks anyway. "Hey!" The sheriff is trying to get his attention. "Just- It's just.. I see arrows pointing at pictures."

"Okay, okay, stop. Fine. I found something. Mechanic and the couple who were murdered, they all had something in common."

"All three?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's coincidence."

"Three is a pattern." Stiles finishes his sentence. 

"The mechanic, the husband,  the wife. All the same age. All 24."

"Wait a minute, but what about Mr. Lahey?" I ask him confused. "I mean, Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near 24."

"Which made me think that either A. Lahey's murder wasn't connected or B. the ages were a coincidence, until I found this, which would be C. Did you know that Isaac Lahey had an older brother named Cameron?" He gives a file to Stiles, who quickly looks through it.

"Died in combat?" Stiles reads out loud. 

"But if he were alive today, take one guess as to how old he'd be." Sheriff says to us. 

"24." Stiles and I say at the same time.

Stiles gets up and walks to the board. The Sheriff follows him but I stay at the desk, more food for me. 

"Now what if same age means same class - I mean, did you think of that?" Stiles suggests. 

"Yeah, yeah. Well, I would've. I mean, I - look, I just got Lahey's file two hours ago." His father answers. "Two hours?" Stiles asks, "Dad, people could be dying."