Chapter 3 Glares (Midday Sunset)

Chapter 3

Glares

I woke up bright and early in the morning. The sun was rising and the birds where tweeting. My throat burned with thirst, so I put comfortable clothes on to go and hunt in. Instead of walking out the door I jumped out the window, so I wouldn't wake Jake. I climbed on the window sill and jumped. I landed smoothly on the balls of feet, but in front of me stood a massive red-brown wolf. Jake. He groaned and mumbled so let him come along with me. When I returned from hunting it was 7:30 and now dull and cloudy over head. I went inside to my bedroom to get changed. Alice had laid out my clothes for me for today. I wore a pink above-the-knee skirt, pink, sliver and black T-shirt, black tights and pink and converse. I pulled my retro school bag over my shoulder and skipped down stairs where everyone waited.

The public story about are family is that Jasper and Rosalie are the Hale twins, Emmett, Alice and momma are adopted brothers and sisters, Jacob is an adopted only child and Dad and I are brother and sister, adopted. "Ready?" said Grandma Esmee while smarting everyone up. Everyone nodded. Then we all walked casually and chatting, even more casually to the garage, like we did it everyday route, to get the cars. I was taking Jacob's Jaguar with him with Aunty Alice and Uncle Jasper in the back. And Aunty Rosalie, Uncle Emmett and momma and dad in the Volvo. I jumped into the front with Jacob and took his hand, Bellingham high was only round the corner, but driving was more casual and human.

Everyone was staring at us, although I'd been warned about this, it still took me by surprise. As we got out of our cars every pair of human eyes was on us. Hadn't anyone told them that staring was rude. My father chuckled under his breath at my thoughts. I glared at him, while taking Jacob's hand again. Jacob was in geography with me, Dad was in history with me, Jasper and momma where in English with me and Emmett and Alice where in biology with me. We all walked at human speed to the office together to get are timetables and maps, though we already knew from my father's mind reading skills. As we waited in the cosy office, I noticed a poster pinned up on the red walls. I walked up to it, pulling Jacob along with me, I starred at it. On the purple poster where bright neon yellow letters saying 'Don't let Psychic vampires make you loose concentration.' My father was a vampire and he was psychic. A loud laughter was let go through my lips and I heard my dad copy. Are family starred at us. We pointed to the poster and the rest of my family followed our lead until the receptionist walked back in. "I've got your timetables and maps her." She said while handing us the paper. Before she could say much else we walked out. "Have a nice day." She called after us. As we walked away, another giggle burst through my mouth, as it did for the rest of my family.

Then the bell went, Jacob walked me to biology with Emmett and Alice just behind us chatting, happily. Then Jacob stopped and I realised we were outside my class. He hugged me to his chest, then gently lifted my chin up and pressed his lips to mine. His full lips where warm and soft. My arms around his neck, when Uncle Em cleared his throat and then Jacob let go and whispered "I love you" I placed my hand gently to his cheek. "Have a good lesson." Were his last words, before he left me there outside class with Alice and Uncle insane at my sides. We walked into class, then every pair of eyes lay on us, again. Some people's mouths even fell open. Stop starring at us. It's rude, I really wanted to shout. Then Mr Jackson cleared his throat and said "Ah, you must be the Cullens. There's an empty desk over there." The lesson passed really quickly. When the bell went, I starred at the doorway and there he was. My Jacob.