début

ZERO

O L I V I A

O L I V I A

WITH A HUFF I DROP MY LAST BOX DOWN ONTO THE WOODEN FLOOR.

I was finally on my own but the problem was, I was lost. As much as I hate to admit it I always had someone else to help me and this time it was just me, alone going against the world.

Was I scared?

Of course.

Even in high school, I was an introvert, the only person I really talked to was my best friend Antonio but he wasn't even going to college specifically one 300miles away from home.

Friends?

I had many aquatints but people I could call friends?

Not really. It was usually just Antonio and me so I'm not very good at the whole friend thing.

With a sigh, I fall into the couch my mom picked out and stare at the ceiling. I miss home. I was a huge daddy's girl and I miss them all.

No. Olivia. No.

I sit up.

I am a big independent wom-

"Hi!"

I look up to see a girl. She has red hair, big green eyes, and was very tall overall she was gorgeous.

"Oh-um, hello," I say sitting up looking everywhere besides her.

Clearing her throat she looks at my boxes on the ground and says "I guess you're O-Olivia Fields?"

Smiling finally looking up at her I say "That's me."

Nodding she pulls a piece of her red fiery hair behind her ear and says "I'm Thea."

I stand to my feet "It's nice to meet you, Thea."

A pregnant pause follows. Stop being so awkward Olivia, god. I mentally facepalm myself rocking back and forth on my feet.

"Oh, my bedroom is over there" I point behind me "And the other one is right there." I point across the room at the wooden door directly across from us.

"Thank you."

"No problem, do you need any help?"

With bright eyes, she smiles "Yes please that would be lovely."

I follow her out, grab a box and go back up the stairs.

The elevator was supposedly broken? Who doesn't get it fixed knowing a bunch of young, if you can even call us this, adults were coming to try and start a future. I didn't come here to get a workout and my noodly arms can't carry much, a nickname Antonio gave me when I dropped his brand new tv down 2-flights of stairs. Absolutely traumatized and no, he never forgave me for that.

Finally the last set of stairs, I slowly walk up huffing and puffing but get the air knocked out of me when I run into a brick wall that is apparently a guy's chest.

"Oh!" I squeak waiting for the impact of the floor to hit me but it doesn't.

I look up to see a beautiful pair of eyes. They are a striking blue-gray complimenting well with his shiny gold locks that I just want to run my hands through for hours.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry." He holds my shoulder steady trying to get a good look at my eyes to make sure I'm actually all there.

Blinking a couple of times I grab the box from the floor "No no, I'm sorry, and yes I'm fine thank you."

He nods making a piece of his amazing, soft blonde hair fall on his forehead "Yeah," He clears his throat "Don't worry about it just make sure to watch out for future reference okay? I won't be there to catch you the next time." He says with a smirk winking.

I lightly laugh feeling my cheeks warm up trying to move my hair to hide my face "Will do, thank you again?" I question.

"Ashton." He says with a confident grin.

I nod "Ashton, thank you."

He chuckles running his fingers through his hair "No problem, may I have your name?"

Feeling the heat run on my face once again I respond "Oh sorry it's Olivia."

"Olivia." He says testing it "Olivia, that's a beautiful name for such a pretty girl."

Now I really hide, rocking on my heels a nervous habit I got from my dad, I clear my throat staring at my vans "O-oh thank you and you're such a pretty man-I mean beautiful" I stare at him wide eyes shaking my head "I mean handsome! That's what I meant, yeah."

Throwing his head back he laughs, well this is embarrassing glad to find myself humoring him.

Seriously Olivia, not only pretty but beautiful! Oh geez, I smack my hand on my head.

His laugh dies down and he looks at me amusement clearly shown on his face "Don't worry about it, Olivia, see you around yeah?"

I nod. "Sure."

Something tells me that won't be the last time I see him watching him walk away.

[E D I T E D]
A/N

oh my god. My first time writing in probably about 2 years and oh boy did I have many edits to do. I am truly hoping to stay on top of this story because I am genuinely excited to continue writing. Thank you so much for reading! Also, probably not a good idea to write listening 'I'm tired' from euphoria on repeat :(