Episode 1 : Part 1

Stefan's P.O.V.

Dear diary,

I haven't written here for a while. Everything's hard. And people are telling me that I'm going to be alright, but I don't think I will be this time. I lost my brother a couple days ago. Elena lost him too, and Bonnie. Things have been tough, but Caroline has been helping us through it. I'm lucky to have her as a friend. Tyler is dealing with not being a hybrid anymore, and still having to turn. Alaric has been compelling everyone to forget that he had died. Caroline had also lost Bonnie. I have no idea how she hasn't broken yet. She's strong. That's one thing that I like about her. She has been trying to find Liv so she can help us try to see what happened to Damon and Bonnie, but she's no where to be found.

I can't believe Lexi didn't come out. Marcos didn't either, so that couldn't have been a coincidence. Did she find peace? Or did she get blown off into oblivion like everyone else. Anyways, I can't keep thinking about them. It will only depress me more than I already am. I wonder what will happen now if a supernatural dies. Will they get blown away? Who's the anchor now that Bonnie's gone? These are some questions I've been trying to figure out, and I may never will.

I closed my journal as I heard someone enter the house. "Stefan?" It was Caroline. "I brought soup!" Oh, how I'm so happy that I have Caroline.

"In Damon's room.." I yelled back. Why am I writing in Damon's room. I need to stop thinking about him, but I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't. He's my brother. I shouldn't have just stood there and waited. I should've gone and found him. He's dead.

I could feel a tear drip down my cheek. "Stefan.." She put her arm around me and led me out of his room.

"I miss him, Care."

"I know, Stefan, me too." She gave me a big hug. Wait, she said me too?

"You miss Damon?" I pulled away from the hug.

"I didn't think I would." She answered. "But there's always that one 'bad' friend that everyone loves." She smiled.

"And about Bonnie." I said and she looked down. "I know I shouldn't have said anything, but how are you holding everything together and you are one of the people that lost the most?"

Her eyes were filling up. "I'm not holding everything together, Stefan!" A tear dropped down her face. "I've been crying every night since..!" I embraced her in a hug.

I saw her face, tears were rolling down. I rarely see Caroline Forbes cry, and it's not good when she does. I miss her smile, I love that about her.

"Caroline, smile." She did and I smiled back. "We're gonna be okay. We're all gonna be okay." That's the first time I said that since I lost everything.

Except Caroline. I still have Caroline and she still has me. Caroline gave me another big hug. It lasted for quite a while, and it ended when Elena showed up. I was finally having a good moment since Damon died and Elena ,of course, is the one to ruin it.

"You alright?" Caroline stood up and asked Elena.

"Yeah, I think so." Elena hasn't said much since her boyfriend and best friend floated off into oblivion. She wasn't wearing any makeup, and it had looked as if she had just finished a crying session.

I stood up and gave her a hug. "Where's Alaric and Jeremy staying?"

"They're staying where Ric used to live before he 'died'."

"Are you moving back in with them?" Caroline asked me.

"I have too. I can't stay here! This is where Damon lived. Where he slept. Where he showered. Where he ate. Where he breathed. So yes Caroline. I can't stay here, and Stefan, I can't see how you can either." She walked out of the house.

"She's right. We should burn this place like we did to Elena's house."

"Stefan?! What the heck are you thinking?!" She looked mad. "No! You are not burning your house! I will help you through everything, but you will not burn your house!"

"Why not? All it is, is reminding me of Damon!" I yelled 3x louder than when I normally yell.

"Do not yell at me! And you will not burn your house down!" She stands up for herself. I like it.

I sat down. "Caroline Im so sorry!" A tear slipped down my face. "I'm going to lose you too aren't I?"

"No Stefan. You aren't. I understand what you're going through."

"No Caroline!" I yelled again. " you don't!! Damon was the last family I had left, and I loved him so much!" I calmed down. "Why isn't he here?!" I punched the wall and threw a glass cup without even thinking. It hit Caroline, and she started bleeding.

"Oh my gosh! Caroline! Are you okay?!"

I said. A tear rippled down her face. I could see she was trying to hold it in.

"Stef..Stefan. Well get him back.."

"No! He's in oblivion. He's gone Caroline!"

"Stefan? I lost Bonnie you know? I will not just stand here as you yell and throw stuff at me. Once you get over the yelling part of losing a loved one, give me a call." And she limped out the door. Just like that. I lost Caroline too. I threw my phone across the room.

"Stefan." She looked concerned. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah.. Sorry about all the noise."

"Stefan, you don't have to apologize. I get what you're going through."

"Elena?! The thing is.. You don't. You think you do, but I have no family left. You still have Jeremy! Damon is gone and I can't handle it!"

"Calm down. You're going to be okay!" I could see tears in her eyes.