Chapter 1

This story is currently being rewritten and updated. Chapters 1-5 are the only updated chapters at this point. I am working very hard to updated the rest of the chapters and to finish the story.

A/N: I own nothing, but the storyline. Thank you JK for everything else in this magical world.

It was 10 years after the war. His life was extremely different compared to what it had been at 17 years old. He had left behind his scared and cowardice ways once the Dark Lord had been defeated. And although it took some time, he also left behind his beliefs on blood purity.

After the war he was faced with the reality of all that had transpired in his family's name, and the resulting consequences. His father was sent to Azkaban and sentenced to life in prison and his mother was sentenced to 7 years of probation, with magic restrictions enforced on her wand. The manor was seized by the Ministry, rid of all dark objects and artifacts and thoroughly combed through by Curse Breakers to ensure no dark magic lingered behind. Their vaults at Gringotts were also seized and placed under suspension until further notice.

Despite having been a minor during the war the Wizarding world and the Wizengamot took no pity on Draco Malfoy. At his trial, a few weeks after the war, Draco was sentenced to 5 years in Azkaban. The trial was unfair in all aspects. His memories were forcefully taken and bottled for later observation in the ministry's pensieve, he was interrogated with veritaserum and his mind was invaded by the ministry's best legilmens. With no one to speak on his behalf, Draco knew everything that had culminated against him would surely land him in Azkaban. And for that when the sentence was handed down he was not surprised in the least bit.

He deserved it. The things he had done were unforgivable. He knew he deserved to be punished for his war crimes. As he was lifted by the arm from his chair and shoved forward to the exit he held his composure, shoving the fear deep into his bones.