Chapter 1

I looked across the crowded halls off Lanchester High and there he stood. The epitome of masculine beauty.

He was tall. His broad shoulders back and his sculpted chest pushed out, exuding more confidence than I could ever dream of possessing.

There was no denying it.

He had the body of a God, with the facial features to match.

He was nothing short of perfection.

His grey-blue eyes shone from under slightly overgrown brown hair. His strong jaw, and oh-so-kissable lips only added to his appeal.

And just when I thought I could not possibly be any more transfixed by such a beautiful boy, I was proven terribly wrong.

He smiled.

Maybe it was something the Sport said, or maybe it was just the way he was.

But then to my horror. He turned my way. His eyes met mine, and he quickly looked away, blushing. Probably at the thought of ever making eye-contact with me.

He continued to talk to the Sports, that were so happy to see another Handsome face to fit in with their crew, just another new, shiny toy.

It wasn't everyday in Ocala that you got to see a new face in town. Especially one with the face of an Angel.

I shut my locker and continued on to first period.

Throughout the 7 minutes I had before first bell, I had learned his name was Eric Hamilton and that he moved here from SouthEast Colorado.

He lived with his mother and two younger brothers with an absent father. He didn't have the richest family, as we soon found out he lived on the West Side of town.

West Side wasn't too bad. It was more under developed than most parts of Ocala, it had a lot more land and space, not many stores or entertainment except for the occasional 20/20 news, and held many wild animals, including Beavers and Wolves.

I lived on the North Side. "The Rich Side." There wasn't much of a difference between the two sides. We just had less land, more appliance stores, more entertainment. Well, just more of everything.

The two minute bell rang signalling the end of our conversation.

I picked my Canon Camera off the floor and put it over my neck and bent down to grab my books.

I quickly did an evaluation to make sure I hadn't overlooked any due homework, and suddenly stopped when I heard someone clear their throat.

I looked up under my eyelashes to see the boy, Eric, standing next to me.

I thought he was going to help me pick up my stuff, until he said, "You're in front of my locker." in a curt tone.

Oh. "Sorry." I mumbled picking up my stuff and headed to first period.

I walked into my Biology class and sat down at my station by the window.

I took out my Biology journal, a pen and pencil, then placed my bag on the station in the empty seat.

 Why did I even think he would talk to me?

I pushed away the silly thought.

Even thinking about having a new "popular" kid at school made anger bubble inside me. Just another jerk bound to shove someone into the lockers for fun.

I plopped my bag into the seat next to me.

I was the only person that didn't have a partner, given the odd amount of students in my classroom.