Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"There is a man outside the manor. He is one of the men that worked in the lab." I started to explain, "There was an article in the newspaper not too long ago that some of the people that were experimented on were being recaptured, and if they couldn't capture a certain kid they would often go and kill the child's family" 

"If they know this then why don't the police take the men into custody, and stop them from recapturing?" Sebastian asked liked it was a no brainer.
"Because no one knows where the lab or lab men are." I told him. It felt good proving a demon wrong.
"I guess I'll have to find out then." Sebastian said while heading outside.

    I can't remember the most of what happened next, but I do remember Sebastian going to the guy outside the manor. Then more guys came out of the bushes and trees and stuff. Mey-Rin was sent to check on Ciel and tell him what was going on.
    Finnian and I were standing in the front doorway watching Sebastian. I was so shocked and scared that I barely noticed the men that came up behind me and Finnian. 

    When I woke up I tried to get up, realizing my hands were chained to the bottom of the wall, restricting where I can go. When my eyes were finally adjusted to the dim lighting, I saw others in the same position (some with hands and feet bound); we were all lined up on the same wall. Some looked worn out, and tired, while only few looked alert, and awake. Out of the few that weren't tired a couple of them were struggling against the chains. 

    I just sat there for a few minutes looking around the room. There was a random girl to the right of me, and Finnian to the left. Finnian was sleeping, back against the wall, with his hands and legs chained. He looked peaceful, so I didn't want to wake him for him to just find out that we were recaptured.  

"Nice ears," The girl next to me said nodding to the top of my head. She had long black hair with ears like mine (matching her own hair color), brown eyes, and her (I'm assuming once pink) dress was dirty and slightly torn.
"I guess you were part of 'Experiment C32'. I was a part of that too. Don't worry, they don't do anything to you the first day or two you're here. They like to wait till you get weaker from lack of sleep and food. They only feed us once every week, if that, but they give us water every day. You have to drink it like a dog though. I don't like dogs; I guess you can say that I hate them. They're really annoying, chasing me around streets and up trees because they think I'm full cat. I once ended up in a lake from a dog chasing me, I remember that day; I thought that day was going to be a normal day, but..."  

    She kept talking, and talking, until someone further down the wall whisper shouted just loud enough for it to be heard over her, "Shut the hell up already! We get it, you're part cat and don't like a lot of things!" Everyone was quit after that. 

    Finnian woke up a few minutes later; he didn't try to get out of the chains. I told him what happened since I woke up, and then we just talked for a little while. A few lab workers came in and took two of the others, one went silently and the other wouldn't go without a fight (but was eventually restrained).
   More lab workers came in with water and placed a cup in front of everyone. After a little while I let my mind wonder, and I thought 'If Finnian tried to escape the chains, wouldn't he be able to?' 

    My thought process got interrupted though when the two kids from before came back. They both looked exhausted; the one had a bunch of scars and bruises all over. The little talking that there was instantly stopped. They were chained back up, and two more were taken.

Ciel's P.O.V 

~An few hours earlier~ 

There was a knock on my door and I presumed that it was Sebastian, but when the person entered I was a little shocked (A/n: or maybe just disappointed) that it was Mey-Rin who entered,
"Master, a man is outside who wants to take Finny and Mai back to some lab," She sounded concerned, and a little panicked, "Sebastian is currently taking care of the ma." 

A little while later Sebastian came running in, "My lord," he said right before bowing, "There was too many, and a few slipped past and took Mai and Finnian. What would you like me to do?" 

"We will go after them," I replied while standing up, "We have to get them and the others."

"But my Lord, It will be far too dangerous"

"This is an order Sebastian! You and I will go after them, besides, didn't the queen want those men found too.

"Yes. My lord." Sebastian replied, bowing. After Sebastian got me dressed, we set out to follow the 'trail' Sebastian said they left behind. 

Author's note: The shortest chapter I've written so far! If you have any ideas for what to happen next let me know!