Chapter 3

Chapter3

Ciel's P.O.V 

When I woke up I noticed the curtains not drawn yet, and I smelt the faint smell of burnt food. I got up slowly, my head throbbing, and saw some bruises on my arms. I walked downstairs, still in my pajamas, to see what was going on. I went to the kitchen to see why I smelt burnt food.  

"Young Master, You should be resting." Sebastian said while cleaning some of the kitchen. "I came to see what was going on" I replied hoping Sebastian would tell me with me having to order him to.  

I then saw that Bard and Mai were looking at me with a puzzled expression on their faces. My hand went up instantly to me right eye, and I realized that I didn't have my eye patch on, leaving the demon contract exposed. Sebastian must've heard the silence because he turned around and then was instantly behind me. He had his hand over mine to help cover my eye. "Young Master, you forgot your eye patch." 

Mai's P.O.V 

I knew they were hiding something big. The moment I saw Ciel's purple eye I knew he was contracted to a demon because I saw that sign before. Sebastian is certainly a demon. 

Sebastian took Ciel to his room leaving me and the cook to clean up the kitchen. While we were cleaning his mess we got acquainted, and told me to call him Bard. We were talking and he told me that he thinks the smoke was getting to him because he thought Ciel's eye was purple. He also said how he sometimes likes to cook with a flamethrower when the meal looks like it's gonna take a long time to cook, and that it usually ends up like this. 

There was a knocking on the front door so I started to walk towards the door to answer it. When the door was in view I saw Mey-Rin open it. "Lady Elizabeth!" she exclaims, "I'll go get the master for you, yes I will." "I'll go get him" I said already halfway up the stairs.  

When I got to Ciel's room I knocked on the door softly, just in case he wasn't in there. Sebastian opened the door and I saw Ciel sitting on his bed (looking agitated) dressed and eye patch on. "Lady Elizabeth is here." I said "Sebastian prepare the drawing room" Ciel ordered as he got off his bed. While Ciel and Lady Elizabeth were in the drawing room, Sebastian and I made some tea. 

When I went to deliver the tea Mey-Rin bumped into me almost making the tea spill onto the floor, but somehow while it was falling I caught it with my foot. "That's impressive, yes it is." Mey-Rin said. I was as shocked as she was, but I quickly composed myself and went off to deliver the tea. 

I knocked on the door and Ciel told me to come in. I entered and I saw Ciel (trying) to teach Lady Elizabeth how to play Chess. "Ciel, Is this your new maid? She's simply adorable!" Lady Elizabeth said. "Yes," Ciel replied, "She insisted on working for me." "Do you know how to play chess?" she asked me. "Yes" I said while setting up the tea. "Ciel is teaching me how, but I still don't get it." She said "Chess is mostly about strategy and remembering what piece does what." I said placing the tea on the table next to them. "What's your name?" Lady Elizabeth asked. "Mai Edgar." I told her. 

"Your name sounds familiar..." she sat there thinking for a moment, than excitedly said, "I know where I heard your name before! I overheard my mother and father talking about you. My father was reading out of the newspaper." "Oh, really." I said trying to stay calm. I don't like a lot of people finding out about the lab, but I guess everyone knew about it now. 

"Yeah," she said, "My father said something about mean people in at a lab, and something about you and cat DNA." Now my expression changed from happiness to sadness. "Yes, your correct." I replied 

Ciel's P.O.V 

So that's why Sebastian like her. She's part cat.

"What's wrong Ciel? Elizabeth asked. "Nothing. Just thinking." I said. After Mai left me and Elizabeth 'finished' our game of chess and she went home. 

I was too tired so I went to go tell Sebastian that I'm going to retire for the night. I couldn't find him but I eventually found Mai sitting on the steps. She must have heard me coming because she got up and turned towards me. "Young master, dinner will be ready shortly." She said. She looked cheerful, but I can see the sadness in her eyes. 

"I'm too tired for dinner. Find Sebastian for me and tell him I'm going to retire for the night." I said as I went back upstairs. "Yes, Young master." She replied. "Just call me Ciel." I told he as I continued up the stairs to go to my room.  

A few minutes after I got into me bed, after unsuccessfully undressing and getting into my pajamas, Sebastian came in to check on me. "Sebastian?" I asked. "Yes, My lord?" he replied while lighting the candle closest to my bed. I didn't reply back, I just stared up at him while he adjusted one of the candles.  

"You should always eat something before you go to bed." He said noticing that I wasn't going to say anything. I then noticed that he was holding a tray in front of him. On the tray was some sort of foreign dish. I then realized just how hungry I was. 

I was about to eat some when there was a loud 'thud'. Then there was running to were the noise came from. "Sebastian, find out what happened." "Yes, Young master" he said while bowing, leaving me to eat my dinner. 

Mai's P.O.V 

I heard a loud 'thud' and I went running towards the direction of the sound. I saw Finnian up against the wall looking terrified. "What happened?" I asked him while slowing down and approaching him. "I saw something outside. It's terrifying." He replied. I took the candle that was in my hand and went into his room to look through the window and see if I can see what he was so afraid of. 

I saw it, and it was terrifying. I heard footsteps in the hallway and left the room to see who was coming. It was Sebastian. He went to Finnian trying to ask him what happened. "It will be okay Finnian." I said while trying to calm him down. 

"Did you see it?" He asked. "Yes." I said simply while walking over to the now seated Finnian. Sebastian looked over at as confused. "He won't take us without a fight" I said now kneeling next to him, Sebastian still stared at us. "What's going on?" he finally asked. I got up after giving Finnian a reassuring pat on the shoulder, although it probably did not help much, and stated to explain to Sebastian what was going on.

Author's note: You'll find out what happens in the next chapter. I'll try to update again this week. Feel free to try and figure out what happens!