1. Winter Wind

"One who pricks the eye brings tears,

and one who pricks the heart

makes clear it's feelings" -Sirach 22:19

Chapter 1: Winter Wind

The icy winter wind whipped at me through my clothing as I let out a sigh, which caused my breath to fog up in the air in front of my face. I pulled out the the slip of paper to double check the address of the house. "Yup, this is it,” I said to myself, "No turning back now."

I pulled the duffle bag back up my shoulder as I trundled through the snow and up to the door. There was no doorbell that I could see, so I used the brass knocker in the middle of the door instead. I shivered from the cold and from fear as I waited on the porch. I tried the knocker again after a few minutes. This time I heard the muffled voice of a man and footsteps coming from the other side. I rubbed my legs together, trying to create some warmth as I waited anxiously.

The door swung open causing me to take several steps back. "Aleisha! My dear,dear girl come inside- quickly, you'll catch your death out there! My goodness darling, how long have you been standing out there? MARY!" he called to a woman I assumed was his wife, "Get some warm food and a hot bath going for this young child: She's had a long journey and I don't want her wasting away because of it."

He sat me down on they're living room couch atop a towel. "Th-th-th-thank you," I chattered.

"So you've decided to take me up on my offer?" he replied solemnly. I nodded. "Good, I didn't want you staying in that house any longer than necessary." I nodded again.

"Oh," we looked to see his wife in the doorway, "come now child; start stripping of your cloths! They're probably more frozen than you are. Hurry along now dear she said as she ushered me up the stairs I had seen when I came in and into a bathroom that had piping hot water filling the tub. "In you go now love," she coaxed in her British accent, "I'll leave some dry clothes outside the door. They probably won't fit you quite right, but we'll sort it all out in the morning alright.?" I nodded as she shut the door behind her.

Looking around the quaint white tiled bathroom I took in the small vase of fake flowers and a couple of framed photographs on the wall. Stripping down I left my cloths in a heaped corner by the door and inch by inch eased myself into the burning bath. 'Thank you,' I thought at the couple that were now wandering around below me, 'Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me.'

333333333333333333333333333333

Hey guys so new story/new chapter :) I hope you guys enjoy. VOTE and COMMENT!!!