Chapter 11

The person who was teaching us was Brad's older brother. When I was dating Brad his brother Dylan would abuse me just like Brad. The one time he almost raped me. I was lucky that Luke walked in on just the right moment. Brad wasn't home at the time because I know that he won't let Luke in. Brad used to hate Luke and I guess still does.

"Now someone please read the first paragraph" he said looking around. I tried to sink down in my seat and not raise my hand. People around me raised their hands but Dylan looked around.

"Aw yes Jamie would you please read" Dylan said with a smirk. I sat up and nodded my head. He smirked even bigger. I started to read and sometimes I would stop and look up to him looking over me. Once I was done the bell rang. Wow it took me the whole period to read that one paragraph.

"Class dismissed" he said. I shot up from my seat and ran towards the door. I heard the boys calling my name but I just wanted to get as far away from the room as possible. When I got to my next class I went in as quickly as possible. My next class was Math. Luke was in that class.

"Who was that guy" Luke asked as he slid in next to me.

"That guy was Brad's brother, Dylan" I said shivering. See even the name made me shiver.

"Hey are you cold" Luke asked. I shook my head no.

"Just saying his name made me shiver" I said shrugging my shoulder.

"What did he do to you" Luke asked leaning over to me.

"He did some nasty things including beating me and almost ra..." I stopped in the middle of my sentence. I didn't want that to come out of my mouth. Stupid mouth.

"He almost did WHAT" Luke screeched. Everyone turned to look at us. Even the teacher.

"Is there something you would like to share with us" Mr. Smithers asked.

"No Mr. Smithers we were just talking about what this one kid did something on the news" Luke said lying to him.

"Oh okay but don't interrupt my class again" he said turning back to the chalk board. Me and Luke looked at each other and laughed to our self. After Mr. Smithers was done ranting about how decimals and stuff was important we headed to lunch. Lunch was the best part of the day because we all got to meet up with each other. The rest of the day ran by us. Before we knew it we were on our way to Michael's house for their band practice.

"Okay guys let's get to it" Calum said. They all grabbed their instruments and started to play Try Hard. I took a seat and started to sing along. The boys stopped playing and looked at me.

"What" I asked. The boys smiled.

"You know you should join our band, like you should play with us on tour and sing and play guitar" Ashton said. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't want to take the spot light away from you guys" I said. The boys frowned.

"But we want you to" Calum said. The boys put down their instruments and got down on their knees in front of me.

"Please" they said at the same time. Don't do it Jamie, my brain said to me. They put on the puppy dog faces. Hold onto the face Jamie.