1.13

Suggested song above. Please like, comment and vote if you liked this chapter! And thank you for all the support!

Four months later

"Do you promise, to protect your country with your blood?" 

"I do."

"Lady Liliana Elina Reintheld, you will now be stripped of your title of old and be reborn into the title of Queen of Conrei. Do you accept?"

"I do."

A silver diadem was lowered onto curled dark locks, pushed down lightly by the bishop to secure it. 

Liliana glanced at Aleric on his throne. His pink lips turned upwards in a small supportive smile.

"From this day forward, you are Queen Liliana Elina Reintheld. All hail!"

"All hail!" The crowd echoes as Aleric rises. He walks towards Liliana and outstretches a hand. Gingerly, she takes it and he leads her back to the thrones. She sits down in unison with him and the crowd sits as well.

A lot has happened in the past four months. After Conrei acquired Terria, Alissandra had become their ruler that very day, while still serving under the Conrein crown. Liliana had thought she would've been teleported or something out of this world, but 008 told her she resided there until 'endgame' occurred, meaning her death or something happened 'at corporate,' whatever that means. 

'Think of it as a vacation,' 008 said. 'You can just relax and see if you can get any extra points.'

Two weeks after Alissandra became Terria's ruler under the Conrein crown, Aleric's father announced that he will step down from his position as King, due to being almost 70. He wasn't threatened, he just wanted to retire and live at the seashore in solitude. Two weeks after that, Aleric became King.

A month after Aleric became King, Liliana married Aleric. Two months later, here I am, Queen once more.

'You don't love him though, do you.'

Liliana glances at the handsome man next to her and he turns to her. A soft smile spreads across his lips yet it dared not reach his coal eyes.

'If I did, I'd only find myself heartbroken in the next world. We are a power duo, nothing more, nothing less.'

The two sat through the ceremony for a bit longer before they dismissed themselves at its end.

"Care to join me for a stroll, wife?" Aleric asks as a shudder runs up Liliana's spine. She'll never get used to being called that.

"Of course, husband." 

He guides her and the two walk to their quarters in silence. 

"Well, I do have a...surprise, for you," Aleric says, causing Liliana's heart to drop.

"Did you kill anyone?" Liliana asks, making Aleric laugh slightly. "No...unless you want me to."

"Ha ha, very funny. You know I don't like surprises-"

"This surprise is worth it," Aleric says, as the two enter the open garden in the courtyard. Butterflies flitted between lilies and daisies, before being hidden from the eye's view in the pink plum blossoms. A wind shakes a few petals loose, blowing past a woman in a white dress.

The woman turns, a faint smile on her face. Liliana smiles widely, picking up her skirts as she runs forward.

"Amelia!" she cries out, wrapping the maid in a tight hug. Amelia lightly squeals, "My lady! Please! The King is right there-"