ᘔ 0 ˙ q n ɥ ǝ ɥ ʇ

The void was as sooty as it had ever been. A deep onyx like Aleric's hair...pitch like Yan Li's remaining eye...

It's pretty boring if you ask me.

'You've beaten the odds again, I see,' 008 chirps. Eman gives a tight-lipped smile, feeling a lingering tightness at the back of her throat.

'Thanks,' she responds hoarsely, before clearing her throat. 'That was certainly...something. Did I get my points?'

'I was just about to ask if you'd like to view your stats. I shall present them to you now...' 008 responds as a visual pops up in front of the girl.

WORLD CODE B846392010475 OVERVIEW
Mission: Completed! +2000 Completed! +800 Side Quest

Main: +2800 points!

Eman swipes down to see if she had gained any other kind of points. 

TITLE GAINS: Non-Applicable
SIDE POINTS: +200
-'Mind of Steel' requirements have been met 
-unexpected betrayal

Overall: +3000 points!

Points held: 5000

'Congrats, Eman, to be honest, I didn't think you'd make it in that world.'

'Glad I subverted your expectations,' Eman responds sarcastically. 'Bring me back to my room, please.'

'Of course.'

Eman felt her insides twist and the faded grey of the motel room swirl back into vision. She glanced upward at the bookshelf, now with a second book.

"That has my lives in them...right...?" Eman asks out loud. 008 hums in her mind, signifying a yes.

'Wow, you catch on quickly.'

"No need to be sarcastic. What about my original life? Why is it not there? I see that on the spines it has the world number I was in, and I recognize both of those numbers. If it was my original life, I would've had no clue which number it'd be..." Eman rambles as she stands up, attempting to get used back to being in her actual body...err, the reflection of her old body. 

After all, the Hub merely makes a reflection of your original body and imprints it onto your spirit. From what Eman knows, there's no crime in the Hub. Everyone is too busy working to go on a murder spree. 

'No comment.'

"Wow, aren't you helpful," Eman grumbles, stretching her arms above her head. The stiffness in her back eased up and she let a sigh of relief fall from her lips. 

"So, when are you going to disappear and give me my next mission?" 

'Well, don't you want a break?'

"Why?" Eman's hands lowered slightly as a confused look flashed across her face.

'From my calculations and comparing your data to other V.I.Ps, you've had a stressful debut. Your past two worlds were in the 85% for 'most complicated beginners.''

"That data can be skewed," Eman responds, reaching into her tunic and pulling out her tablet.

'It can. But data aside, I can tell that you're pretty stressed.'

"..."

Eman's shoulders slumped. "I mean..."

'You know, for only 1000 points, you can talk to one of Corporate's therapists-'

"008, I'd like some time to myself," Eman cuts off, face falling flat.

'...of course. I...I shall come back shortly with a new mission for you.'

The weird, disconnecting-feeling happens again, and 008 is gone. Eman lets out a breath, falling back onto the mattress, tablet landing on her pillow. On the screen, it shows that Lucor and Jara were both on missions.

I...I don't have time to be...to be this way...who knows when 008 will come back...

But, even with these thoughts flooding her mind, Eman only found herself curling into bed and clutching her pillow. Her ring finger dully itched, but Eman ignored it as she dozed off to sleep.

Now transferring...