chapter 4 the struggle to hold on to life!!!!

A/N HI EVERYONE HERE'S CHAPTER 4 THE STRUGGLE TO HOLD ON !!!! WILL THE PUP HOLD ON TO LIFE? WE SHALL FIND OUT ENJOY VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!!

.......................................................................................................................................

ALEX'S POV

i was holding the lifeless pup in my hands tears forming in my eyes i looked from the pup to my aunt's face she came over towards us ignoring the other two pups which i could understand they were whining and yapping so they were strong but this pup i had in my hand wasn't even alive. she started nudging the pup in my hands trying to make it move but to no avail her eyes gazed into mine and my soul she had tears forming in her wolf eyes she stepped away with her head held down. i looked down to the pup stroking their nose and forehead with a finger my aunt lay ed down in front of me she started nudging my knee i peered down to her. i notice the look in her eyes, the glint my eyes started to well up more i nodded my head i place the pup in one hand on their back that when i saw the pup was a girl her legs were limp her chest was not moving.

i tilted her head up gently with two fingers under her chin placing her head between my thumb and first finger with my free hand i placed to fingers on her chest i started pumping her chest, i did 15 pumps i took a deep breath in then place my mouth over her muzzle covering her nose and mouth i blew all the air into her i watched through teary eyes her chest rising i lifted my head and took another breath and repeat the process then went back to pumping her chest i continued doing this for five min's.

my aunt sat up and let out almighty howl it was deafening the vibration was that big it shook the glass in the room. i went back to doing the CPR on the pup a few min's later i heard a co-motion on the stairs then someone burst into the room i twisted my body round to see who it was i looked up "D DAD." i said through sobs tears rolling down my face he looked down to me then to my hand his eyes went wide, he came rushing over kneeling beside me "it's OK son." "dad she's not breathing." i said breaking towards the end "let me have her son i take over as i got my lung capacity." i place her in my dads hands gently.

i crawled away backing up until i hit the bottom of the bed i lifted my knees up one arm over my mouth trying to hide to the sobs the other arm was wrapped round my legs i lost it i broke tears streaming down my face i placed my head between my knees and wrapped my arms round my legs i started rocking back and fore. i looked up from were i was sitting i saw my dad continuing doing the CPR on the pup i looked past him and noticed Blake Sliver's mate in the hallway he was being held by five pack members he had tears in his eyes he was trying to get in the room to get to his wife and kids but the others were holding him off and whispering to him but i could hear what they were saying. they were reassuring him that everything is going to be OK alpha will do it. i turned to face Sliver i saw her attending to the other pups but i noticed they weren't making any noise i guessed they knew what was going on they must of sensed their sister was fighting for her life. i closed my eyes i started praying to the god of life praying that they would help i would do anything if they let the pup live.

five min's past and nothing changed the pup was still not breathing dad did another round of pumps and breaths. i saw something the others didn't i sat up and walked on my knees over to my dad and peered down at the pup "DAD DAD LOOK." he looked closer her chest started rising and lowering she let out a little yelp i fl-opt back sitting on my legs with my arms behind me i let out a big breath of relieve she was alive and breathing. her fur was a sandy chocolate colour with black on her paws, i looked past dad and saw the holding Blake back let him go he just fell to his knees tears he was choking on his sobs but then i saw in his eyes a relieved look. my dad headed towards me then he pulled me into him giving me a tight embrace with his loss arm. he was still holding the pup in his hand "son you done a good job, you kept going you never gave up I'm so proud of you." he whispered in my ear i just wrapped my arms around him placing my head in his chest he pulled out of the hug then he wiped the tears away with the ball of his thumb "no more crying Alexanda." i looked up then nodded my head. my dad went to the blow of water and started cleaning the muck of the pup.