Chapter 4

Pulling back in front of our house, I was frantic. My hands had begun to shake and my heart was beating wild. Blake sat in the driver's seat. His hands gripped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles had turned white. He was so still, so calm that I considered shaking him so he'd snap out of it. We had to do something not just sit here.

"Do you think she did it?" Blake said so quietly I thought I heard him wrong.

"What?" I stared at him.

He looked at me. "Do you think she did it?"

I didn't understand what he was saying; my mind was too muddled to even make a proper sentence.

"Who?" I looked at him confused.

"Aya, do you think she killed him?"

"What! No. She wouldn't do something like that. She's too innocent." I shouted at him. "I thought you thought I did it."

"You said you didn't." He shouted. "Unless you were lying about that, like you lie about everything else."

"When have I ever lied to you?" I shouted back at him shocked.

"Well, let me think about that." He said sarcastically.

A hurt feeling travelled through my body and I looked down at myself. The blood had started to dry and turned my clothes stiff. I watched as cracks ran through my hands when I wiggled my fingers.

Blake got out of the car and banged the door hard. I jumped at the sound, but didn't look away from my hands to see where he was going.

After a while, my door opened. I didn't notice Blake had come back out. In his hands were clothes and towels.

"Clean yourself up." He said to me easily. "Aya's still asleep, but we don't want anyone to see you like this."

I took the packet of wipes and clothes from his hands. Opening the wipes I took one out and in a dazed mind, studied it before wiping my hands. The blood wasn't coming off. It took many wipes and a lot of arm power to finally rid myself of it. I put on the clothes that Blake got me while he leaned against the outside of the car, his arms folded across his chest.

I bundled up the blood stained clothes and got out of the car. The seat was a mess; it was covered in Phil's blood.

"Don't worry about it, I'll sort it out." Blake's hand was on my shoulder.

"What will I do with these?" I asked him, looking down at the clothes.

"I'll burn them." He said taking them from me.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked him, secretly hoping he would take control of the situation. He stuffed the clothes in a plastic bag, before turning to me.

"Go take a bath" he demanded, turning away and spraying some disinfectant on the leather seat of his car, busying himself by removing any traces of blood.

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes and snap at him, but now was not the best time. Sighing I turned away to go inside, before pivoting and facing him, deciding to ask him the questions that had been nagging me.

"What if the police find out? What if they think I did it?" Asking those questions out loud made them seem more real and I felt a panic attack coming. "What if they come here? What if they arrest me?!" My voice pitched high at the end as I wailed, "I don't want to go to jail".

Blake threw the cloth and the spray on the seat before turning around to glare at me, putting one hand across my mouth to shut me up. I still continued to blabber behind his hand, eyes wide and voice muffled.