Chapter 16

-Flashback Year: 1819-

"You know Thomas, it's not always that I show my secrets to people. You may be an annoying person but you are also trustworthy."

Thor was walking ahead of Tom who was almost right next to him but made himself fall back so that he didn't get lost.

Currently they were walking in the middle of the forest, trees surrounding them from every direction with no possible escape. And they were also in Norway.

It was dense and barely gave Tom any air to breathe. It didn't bother him that much but it concerned him for Thor.

He looks over at Thor who was walking calmly with his hands deep in his pockets of his suspenders.

"I suppose so. Though, you never know when secrets may come out of others mouths without you realizing."

Tom stops which causes Thor to stop as well. Thor turns around and looks at Tom who placed his hands on his hips.

"Why would you ever trust me? What if in the middle of an argument I let something slip? What would you do then?"

"Nothing. Because I know you Thomas Castellanos. You wouldn't let anything come out. You are a very secretive man who knows how to keep them. Your brother is the opposite.

He lets anything out. He doesn't think rationally. I thought being a King of Egypt wouldn't have caused that."

Thomas had forgotten that him and Edd had told them their shared secret about being rulers. He didn't like the way Thor spoke so little of Edd but he refused to let this small hint of trust dissapear.

"I guess..."

Thor waves at Thomas to move forward which he does. He stands next to Thor and they both casually walk farther into the woods with Thor talking about his life in the base.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

When they get to an opening, buildings came into view with people in uniforms buzzing around and others marching in order.

Thor proceeded to place his hands behind his back and straightened his posture. He gave an arm out to Thomas.

"Be next to me and they won't bother you. They still respect me and they'll believe you're...someone special..."

"I am only taking this offer simply because,"

He goes over and hooks his left arm with Thor's right. He goes down to a whisper so that only Thor heard him.

"I don't want to 'die'."

Thor chuckles and leans into Thomas ear.

"You can't die sweetcheeks."~

Tom cringes at the nickname while Thor smirks and pulls him forward to have him dazed by the buildings surrounding them.

Once they get to an office inside the last building, Thomas lets go of Thor's arm and walks toward a large window showing out to soldiers training
intensively.

"You have a nice view from here Red Leader."

"Thank you Castellanos. It's somewhat...enjoyable"

Thor walks next to Thomas and shoves his hands into his pockets while Thomas simply gazed out. They were at least 7 floors high off the ground.