An Angel's Life- Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

I was being carried to the edge of the forest; I looked up to the person face but all I saw, was a blur. The temperature dropped dramatically and the wind howled making goose bumps break out all over my skin. snow was falling as fast as torrential rain. A blizzard was coming. I was placed on the ground and the men looked down with an evil smirk on there face. Theo?  What was he doing here?

“Enjoy your death Sophia, the bears are far from gentle in these parts,” he announced and walked away.

I tried to get up but a group of bears started to crowd around. The largest bear made it way through the see of white. He showed off his white teeth almost smirking. All the bears started to come closer. Their sharp teeth pierced through my skin ripping off my flesh in huge chunks. My screams of pain filled the air. I was slowly slipping into an abyss my screams dying in my throat. This was the end of me.

I jolted up off the ground covered is a thick layer of sweat. The wind blew against my skin making a shiver go up my spine. I looked around expecting to see green trees and lush grass. Instead I was greeted with a white barren wasteland. I stood up and panned my surroundings. I jumped back in surprise, there was a huge white polar bear standing in front of me. He had a questioning look on his face.

“I wonder what he thinking about?” I commented out loud.

“I thinking about whether to kill you or not,” he stated simply. He can talk?

“How can you talk? While your answering that, don’t kill me.”

“What do you mean how can I talk? I’ve been talking like this since I was born.” He replied, confused.

“Okay, so how did I get here?” I asked, curious about what happened to Theo.

“A young man dropped you here in the middle of the night.”

“Oh so Theo did do that, it wasn’t a dream.” I started to cringe remembering what happened at the end of my dream.

“You don't need to worry about me killing you, I’m not really in the mood dear,” He stated with minimal interest.

“Thank you, my name is Sophia.”

“I’m Harold. Where are going, my dear Sophia?”

“Up north, there’s a fortress that my best friend is being held in.”

“I know what you’re talking about now, and I’m sorry for your friend,” his voice holding sympathy

“Really?” He knew where it was great! “I’ve got no idea where I am.”

“Yeah, if you want I could a ride there if you want.”

“I would love that.” I climbed on to his back and we made our way north.