An Angel's Life

Hey guys,

This was just a short story that i'll post now and then. Nothing really special just something I wrote when I was bored.

Bye

-Flake

_______________________________________________________________________________

PROLOGUE

The wind howled, and the smell of chemicals and garbage stained the streets of Springcott. The children and their parents were tightly tucked in their beds, unaware of the events taking place above them. For the past five hundred years the world of theirs had been treated as if it was a dump. The gods up in the heavens were debating whether to just end the pitiful lives of the human race.

“We can’t keep expecting them to change their ways, if they can’t even pick up on the hints we’re giving them,” Erebus’s voice pierced through the silence between the gods. “We should just kill them all!”

“No! We should help them; send someone down to change the way they think,” Harmonia tried to reason with Erebus. The Great Hall exploded with bickering between the gods.

“ENOUGH!” A voice yelled with authority. The room fell into an eerie silence “How can we fix what the mortals have done to our once beloved earth if we can't even have peace between ourselves.”

“We are sorry, what would you suggest Zeus?” Harmonia asked.

“I not quite sure. Athena, what would you suggest?” Zeus asked his daughter for her wisdom.

“We should send some of our angels down to restore what the mortals can obviously cannot fix themselves, but…”

“Ha, I told you so!” Harmonia said in a mocking voice toward Erebus.

“SILENCE, I never said I was finished.” Athena replied slightly pissed at the outbreak. “As I was saying, we should send some of our angels down but, the human race doesn't deserve to live in what we fixed, they should all be killed, they can’t be trusted with a creation as precious as the Earth itself.”

“Very well my daughter, we shall send five couples of the guardian angels down to Earth.”

Ten angels were sent down to the Earth that night. Zeus told them two rules. “You are only allowed back into the heaven once you have finished your task or if you die, and two; under no circumstances are you to have any relationships with the humans or amongst yourselves, understood?”

“Yes Zeus!” they all answered in unison. The couples went there separate ways to perform their quest.

Unaware by the gods themselves a group of men were watching that night, hearing about their plan. From that night they made it their job to hunt down and kill all of the angels before they completed their task.

Thirty years later and only one couple was left. The group of men had killed all the others with in the first ten years since they arrived on Earth. The one couple of left broke the only rule they were given. They feared for their life, the men
were not far behind them. They had a child of their own; Sophia. They left her with her godmother in a small village in the south. One of the only one left, which was not tainted by the stench of garbage like the rest of the world.

The men killed them six months after Sophia was born, little did they know that they had a daughter. Sophia grew up with her godmother in a forest behind the small village. No one was allowed to see her other than her best friend Lily and godmother who visited once or twice a month.

The god saw this; they took pity on the young child and let her live, hoping that maybe one day she will carry out what her parents started; to return Earth to it former beauty and to avenge her parents death.