An Angel's Life- Chapter Four

CHAPER FOUR

Arthur waved to us from a distance as we walked towards the intimidating, gloomy forest. Past the forest were the ice plains that were home to giant polar bears and many other ice animals. We continued to walk towards the forest I look over my shoulder to find Theo staring blankly at a tree. He looked like he was concentrating on something important.

“Theo, are you alright?” I asked, slightly concerned.

He grunted in response and walked quickly towards the forest not even bothering to look back. What was wrong with him today?

We walked for about six hours before we set up camp. Theo hadn’t said a word since yesterday, maybe because I won at chess again.

“What do you want for dinner?” I asked setting down my carry pack.

He shrugged his shoulders not answering and made his way into the forest. Okay… that’s helpful.

I set up camp and ate my dinner before getting ready to go to sleep. Theo was still not back yet, I wondered why?

I was just nearly in a peaceful sleep when a heard Theo come back and slip into his makeshift bed.

“Good night Sophia,” he said barely above a whisper.  I slowly fell back into a peaceful slumber. The last thing I remember though was the words; I’m sorry being said.