11.

And the same way, the years passed.

Loki had blossomed into a tall, muscular, yet lean man with beautiful raven hair that fell just below his ears and eyes that were now, greener than ever, canopied by long luscious lashes. He surely looked quite mature for being a 16 year old but incredibly handsome with his pale velvety, white skin and high, defined cheekbones adorned by a pair of soft crimson lips.

He chuckled, looking at his big brother who was confused, looking for his beloved winged helmet. What he didn't know, was that it was right in front of him shaped in the form of a statue of a bird.

When Thor heard Loki's chuckle, he soon realised it was him who had hidden it. "Loki, enough. Where is my headgear?" Thor huffed loudly in annoyance, folding his arms over his chest.

"Oh I'm not certain as to what you speak of brother." Loki muttered, making an innocent face, enlarging his already big green eyes. "Really, Loki?"

"Why don't you ask the kind bird in front of you?" Loki said, gesturing towards the statue as he raised a suggestive brow. Thor laughed as he picked up the statue that turned back into its original form.

"You have to make everyday a challenge for me." Thor complained, putting the helmet on his head, looking in the mirror.

"Oh I suppose they won't be too difficult for you, considering you are so intelligent." Loki joked, referring to his lack of intelligence in comparison to him causing Thor to scoff.

"Say what you want. We all know who's the better warrior." Thor defended, rolling his eyes. Loki chuckled in humbleness. "Oh I can never argue with you over that. Of course, you are." He said out of genuine respect for his brother's extraordinary skill.

Thor smiled softly at him, grabbing Loki's neck from the back gently, affectionately.
"Thank you, Loki." Loki smiled back.

"Good luck. And, don't die." Loki joked, wishing him luck for the battle. "I have to go now." Thor said, lastly before leaving. Loki nodded as he watched him go.

When Thor reaches Vanaheimr, to fight the rebellious uprising, he sees a huge army of warriors that could possibly overpower the comparatively meagre strength of Thor, Sif, Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun.

It was unfortunate that the young warriors had underestimated the true complexity of the situation and had come to fight with a force ten times less the rebellions. It was the first time Thor found himself feeling almost scared.

As they continued to fight through the horde, it was now that Thor realised they could possibly not finish what had started this way.

Thor was hesitant when he decided to pull out the bracelet Loki had given to him years ago. It was old and rusty and the stone and shed many chunks from the corners but Thor hoped it actually worked.  He wore it on his wrist which was now being squeezed by the bracelet that was too small for him.

The fight had travelled further into the city and Thor and Sif were now surrounded by enemies. It was as if the battle was only growing harder even when hundreds had already been slain.

Thor swung Mjolnir with all strength and let it go for it to knock down over a hundred enemies. The ground was almost clear and the remaining were dealt with by Sif. Thor took in a long breath of relief and closed his eyes for a moment. He felt ease. But that was until he sensed something horrible, as if there was something really bad gonna happen. He mind was confused and he was feeling panicked. But he didn't understand what it was. Fandral rushed to Thor, noticing his worry and repeatedly asked what was going on. But Thor didn't know the answer to it.

Suddenly his body automatically worked before his mind could as he dodged down, moving to the to right, pulling Fandral with him. He was confused until he saw a long broad spear appear out of invisibility, stuck to the tree, originally meant to kill him and possibly Fandral too.

Everyone was shocked. No one had perceived the spear. Not even Thor.
He looked down at the bracelet, stunned at the vibrating stone.

"How did you do that?" Sif asked, almost in disbelief. Thor looked up and shook his head. "I didn't."

________________

When Thor returned home, he was greeted by his proud father who smiled at him with brightest one he had ever seen. He got praised for his courage and strength and Thor enjoyed every second of it. But he also wondered what had happened to him if he hadn't worn the bracelet.

He would've been dead, possibly.

Thor almost felt guilty for the day he had embarrassed Loki in front of his peers. Now that he thought of it, he understood that Loki must've felt so disappointed in Thor and himself too.

'His spell works, even today. After so many years." Thor thought to himself, drinking his beer. He wondered if this made Loki better; stronger than Thor.
Thor immediately dismissed the thought by letting out a small chuckle.

"He could never."

It was true that all things considered, Loki wasn't quite as strong as Thor but the thought of Loki being stronger was unimaginable to Thor. He had never seen Loki as much of a dominance. Thor had too much pride and arrogance for that to happen.

It was an insecurity of his. It always made him feel the need to be the best at everything. It's what makes him crave the public adoration and devotion. He relished being praised by everyone around him. He got high off of being that person who sets an example for everyone else. A spectacle. A standard to be reached.

Perhaps there was something common between the two brothers.