7.

Loki looked up at the bright and big, red apple that was quite literally in spotlight on the tree, shining the most out of the rest of the apples hanging. Just by looking at it, he could tell it must be really delicious.

He really wanted to have a taste.

But it was way too high up! Loki was extraordinarily tall for his age but he couldn't quite reach the apple no matter how much he tried. So he climbed up the tree, struggling to get onto it. But when he finally reached the top, he realised he could've simply used his magic.

Loki shrugged and pulled the apple towards him, breaking it free from its stem.

Loki smiled brightly at it before taking a one big bite of it.

The fruit of hard work. Loki scrunched up his nose in distaste.

It should've been nice. He let out a small huff in annoyance and threw the apple far away. The action was seemingly unwise as it was followed by Loki loosing his balance and and falling right onto the muddy ground.

"Oww!" Loki hissed in pain when his wounded back hit the ground. He sat up and rubbed his head. He heard a small chuckle from behind him. Assuming it was Thor, Loki put on an irritated expression. But when he turned back he saw it was his father.

He smiled a little at Loki and offered him a hand to help him up. Loki pinched his eyebrows together, bewildered. "Do you not want my help?" Odin asked, noticing his son's hesitation. Loki looked up to him from his hand and studied his face for a moment.

The gesture seemed genuine. He smiled and took his large hand with his tiny one and got up.

"Have your wounds healed completely yet?" Odin asked after a minute of silence, looking down at the boy covered in dirt. Loki looked back up again, almost joyful that he asked.

"Yes, they are fine now. Thank you for asking." Loki lied. Even Loki was uncertain as to why he had lied about his wounds. They were far from healed. "Good." Odin said, still looking down into the pale boy's eyes.

When he looked down at him he couldn't much decipher the joy in his eyes but when Loki looked up at his father, he could see guilt in them. Loki couldn't help but feel good to know that his father at least regretted what he had done, even if he hadn't apologised.

But Loki also sensed worry. "Are you worried about me?" He blurted out. Odin gave him a confused stare and nodded gently.

"Of course I am. Your mother, she informed me of the events that took place yesterday." He spoke, referring to Thor's encounter with Loki. "She also informed me about your paranoia and troubled mind."

Loki was impatiently waiting for an apology. So he continued to look at his father with desperation. But Odin wasn't looking his way anymore.
Loki frowned in disappointment.

Then there was silence.

Odin had nothing more to say so he decided to leave. But stopped when he felt Loki's cold tiny hand wrapped around his index finger, begging him not to leave. "Please, stay." Loki pleaded, his voice soft and low. Not like how a child would plead for something he wanted. He pleaded almost as if afraid of the one he was asking. He was afraid, but he wanted to take the risk.

And when Odin looked back at him, his heart warmed, seeing his big green eyes, shimmering with hope in them. He just couldn't say no. Not at all.

So they both sat by the lake on the green luscious grass as the sky was turning a little grey and the light was slowly fading away.

Loki couldn't help himself when he rested his head against his fathers arm. "Thank you for staying, father." The little boy whispered gently and Odin offered him a tiny smile.

Loki wondered if he really wanted to stay. He shook his head gently. 'Of course he does. He's my father.' He thought to himself in a self convincing manner.

Neither of them spoke a word. They both sat in silence, but Loki appreciated it with all his heart.

And the boy, still covered in dirt, couldn't wait to tell his mother all about it.