A Dispute And A New Lead

A.N/ So yeah I know I promised to upload this chapter like two days ago, things have been hella crazy at work and my kid is starting his first year in kinder, so I've been busy with his school registration. So as usual please review, rate, do your thing! Would make me happy to get some feedback! And from the looks of it, it's getting close to the end. =(

Chapter 18: Dispute and a new lead.

It's been two weeks since we've been removed from the case, since then we've been assigned several mediocre cases. We've been doing our own investigation under the table, with some added help from Juliet. Things have been a little awkward between Juliet and I, but we managed to talked it out and were still on good terms.

McNab said by the time they arrived, the suspect had already gone. Juliet said the trace came back to a phone that was reported stolen the day before the anonymous call came in, the owner of the phone was brought in for questioning, but he had a solid alibi and was released that afternoon.

I managed to convince the Chief to lay off on the protection detail for a while since things were quieting down and I would continue to keep an eye on Shawn and Gus for the time being. I reassured her I could take care of the guys, and myself, without any problems.

~Psych~

"So Miller is in town today." I mumbled turning the toast on the griddle. "He's down for business and wanted to take me out to lunch after he was finished."

Shawn's smiled quickly faded as soon as I mentioned Miller's name. "I don't like the idea of you being alone with him Cass."

I sighed and leaned against the counter.  "Shawn, Miller and I have been friends for a very long time, since Hailey was just a toddler. He's been there for me when I needed him. I at least owe him that, it would be rude if I didn't accept his invite."

Shawn took hold of my hips and lifted me on the counter pressing his body against mine. He kissed me so passionately I had to pull away to catch my breath. "Now I think you're just trying to shut me up." I giggled wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him down to kiss me again.

He let out a chuckle and pressed his forehead to mine, looking me right in the eyes. "Just be careful okay,"

 "I'll be fine, Stop worrying, that's my job." I said smiling reassuringly.

Shawn quickly pulled away as he whiffed the scent that was in the air, and looked over at the stove. "The toast is burning." He grinned.

I gasped in horror and hopped off the counter quickly moving the griddle away from the burner. "You see what happens when you get me distracted." I frowned.

Shawn laughed and grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate as he left the kitchen, "Hey, I didn't hear you complain a minute ago."  He shouted.

"You're lucky I love you." I muttered.

~Psych~

"So how's the investigation coming along?" Miller asked through his sandwich.

I scoffed and sat my glass down with a little more force than necessary. "Awful. Since we've been removed from the case we haven't gotten a single lead."

"Don't worry. I'm sure they'll pick up something eventually." He reassured. 

"I'm not worried, I'm terrified Miller. He's a step ahead of us each time, and I'm just sitting back here helpless while he's mocking me in my face, making a complete ass off me." I said.

Miller placed his hand on top of mine and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Everything will be alright soon, I promise."

I smiled at his generosity.  "Thanks Miller, I hope so."