TRID- Chapter 1

A/N: unedited

dedication to my amazing editor/ friend :D

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

'Shot through the heart and you're to blame darling you give love a bad name...'

You know that moment when your in class in the middle of a quiz, and you're stuck in a question. So you start thinking intently, then suddenly there's a concert going on in your head? Well that's what happened to me in biology today.

~RIIIIING~

My mental singing was soon interrupted by the bell, signaling that the day has ended.

"Ok class, pass your papers forward." ordered Mr.Allen.

I mentally cursed myself for losing concentration as I made my way towards my locker.

"You're coming over right?"

"Shit, Carly! Don't sneak up on me like that!"

"Why waste a good scare when it's practically being handed to you?"

Meet my best friend Carly, obnoxious but loving.

"Yeah, is Matt coming too?"

"Yup." she said popping the p "Ain't a gathering without 'em"

Matt is the third member of our trio, fun and sweet and I may have a huge crush on him that I'll probably never admit because 1) I know for a fact that Carly would never shut up about it and 2) what if he doesn't feel the same way? I don't want it to be awkward later or worse, lose him!

Before I could get lost in my trail of thoughts I was startled.

"Boo!"

I squeaked and turned around to face Matt, my hand clasped on my chest.

"Why do you guys insist on trying to give me a heart attack?!"

"Because it's fun, you sure you love horror movies?"

"Its different, but at least I don't yell like a ten year old girl"

"Oh, burn!!!" commented Carly

"It was just one time! When will you forget it?"

"Matt dear, I will never, read my lips, never forget it."

We continued our bickering while walking to Carly's.

"Honey, I'm home" yelled Carly.

Tanya, Carly's mom, poped her head out the kitchen.

"Oh hello dear, how are you Avery and Matt? Are you in a relationship yet?" she teased.

I immediately let go of Matt's hand and looked away so that they don't notice my blush.

"Soon enough, there will be little Matts and Averys around and I'll be forever alone. Oh the anguish." joked Carly.

After our awkward encounter we headed up to Carly's bedroom.

Carly is the youngest of two. She was adopted, but with the way she resembles her family, anybody would think they were blood related. Her older sister, Abby, is married to a local police man named Miles. They met in high school, though I can't say they hit it off at first, they were more like enimies.

***

We decided on watching 'Final destination 2'.

"Once again, FD doesn't fail to give me goosebumps." I said