~Prologue~

A/N: Dedicated to @Rewdan because if he hadn't encouraged me to start writing, this story would never have been here :D

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Jennifer's P.O.V (Avery's Mom)

It was just a regular day, I finally finished preparing dinner and all that was left to do was for the table to be set.

"AVERY, HONEY! WAKEUP! Set the table, Leo will be here soon."

Avery is my 16 year old daughter and Leo is my wonderful husband and Avery's stepfather. Contrary to the cliches in teen books about step parents, Leo loves Avery as his own child, and though I'd like to say the feeling's mutual, Avery still hasn't accepted him as my husband. She seems to have gotten it through her dramatic head that he's trying to replace her father and take me away from her or something. Teenagers and their dramatic imagination. Personally, I think she gets these ideas from the books and tv she watches.

"AVERY! WAKE UP!" I yelled louder, exasperated.

I sighed, I swear it's like she's hibernating. I guess I just have to go to plan B; rip off the covers and take away her pillows while I nag her about waking up. That usually annoys her enough to wake her up.

I flung open her door only to see that my baby will never wakeup. The door opened to a scene that no mother is ever ready to face, the scene that left me wondering 'Why did she decide to kill herself?

I rushed to the lifeless body, trying to pry off the ropes that killed her. After laying her down, I dialed 911 with trembling hands

"911, what's your emergency?"

Why did my precious child have to leave me this way?