TRID - Chapter 3

A/N~ tada enjoy

oh and i typed it on my phone so expect typos

------------------------------------------------

I managed a nod. “Now go wash up and come help me set up the table, dinner’s almost ready”

><><><><><><><>< 

Dinner was beyond awkward, after we set up the table and were seated “Avery” my mom cleared her throat “I think Leo deserves an apology” she looked at me with expectant eyes. I boiled on the inside I wanted to scream ‘If anyone deserves an apology it should be me! He owes me an apology for what he’s done, and you owe me an apology for believing him!’ but I didn’t. I didn’t want to have a quarrel with my mother, especially not now. “Sorry Leo” I muttered without lifting my eyes from my plate “May I be excused, I don’t feel well” I got up scrapping the chair as I did.

“No Avery, I know you feel just fine and I haven’t seen much of you since yesterday so please sit down and tell me all the details about your day that a mother loves to hear” she looked at me with a longing look. I grumbled inwardly but plastered a smile on my face as I sat down. As much as the pain my mother’s naïve self caused me yesterday, she was still that, my mom and I loved her dearly.

“Thank you sweetheart, you know how important this is for me. I don’t know if this promotion is a curse or a heaven sent gift. I barely get to spend any time with you”.

I managed another weak smile for her sake “I know mom”

“So how’s school? I hope you’re working on raising your mark in Biology?” she raised her eyebrows “Schools fine, biology’s fine though I didn’t exactly do well in the last  test we had” I said feeling slightly more relaxed now.

“I could tutor you” chimed Leo I instantly tensed up “I got straight a’s in...”

“NO!” I yelled before I could stop myself “I mean” I said more calmly “I wouldn’t want to be a bother, plus I already asked Matt to tutor me”

“If you say so” Leo forced a smile.

I started piling food onto my plate and instantly shoveled it into my mouth to avoid their questions.

I was soon through with my dinner so i excused myself and proceeded with my dirty plate towards the kitchen to place it in the sink. Heading back I heard a muffled conversation, and being me I was curious so I eavesdropped “I just don’t get why she dislikes me so much, am I doing something wrong?” Leo asked with such melancholy. My mom sighed “No Leo, I can see you’re doing your best it’s just…Avery seems stressed by school and all the sudden changes in her life and she’s just in that stage where she pushes everyone out”

‘If only you knew’ I thought as I put a blank expression on my face as I made my way to my room.

I entered and sat in on my bed causing the right side to dip slightly; I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. When i opened them I looked around. I had a double bed with cream colored covers that had a few floral prints. My walls were painted in pale peach with a couple of photos hanging here and there. To the left of my bed was my study desk- it was small but but open- over it was a small bookshelf, which was alligned with some books and  minature statues. Infront of my bed was my vanity dresser, it was made of light brown wood, like my bed frame and wardrobe, a few makeup items and perfume were neatly stacked on it. Said wardrobe was to the right of my bed, on one of the doors was a full length mirror which faced me at the moment.

I looked at myself, i was a normal girl with a normal life, normal friends, normal everything up until Leo came into our life. I sighed and got up to gather my shower equipment.

On the down side we only had two bathrooms in the house, one in the master bedroom and one right outside my bedroom both putting me in a compromising position, and you guessed it I use the one open to the livingroom. On the up side both my room and the bathroom have locks and were door to door, making it a quick journey for me to get in and out in my towel but i wasnt about to risk anything so i made a point if taking my clothes with me.

I walked out with my full hands and turned right to the bathroom. One, two, three, four, five steps. The bathroom is five steps away from my room, five seconds of danger

><><><><><><><

After I was done with my shower I proceeded to wrap a towel on my hair and and dried myself with another. I got dressed in my sleepwear then unlocked the bathroom door as quietly as i can manage. I opened it just enough to get a peek, when i was sure that the coast was clear u rushed to my room and closed the door and locked it. I let out a breath i wasnt aware I was holding.

I felt around the wall to my left for the light switch

"Had a nice bath?"  I turned to the owner of the voice.

------------------------------------------------

woop woop for the cliffhanger