twenty-third

"I know it's just a phase,

you're not in love with me.."

Ashton opened his eyes, letting them burn from the late morning sunlight. He felt her arm draped over his chest and rolled to face her. It made he feel sick that he wished it was Kala. But Sarah's purple hair and dark, closed eyes were apparently more than enough for him the night before. He knew he had made a huge mistake. He slept with the very girl that ruined his relationship in the first place. And in time this would ruin his friendship with Michael as well.

This was a mistake. He couldn't help but reply those words countless times as he got up and took a shower then ate some old Chinese food.

"Are you eating my food?" Ashton looked up to see Sarah smiling back from across the kitchen.

Kala's favorite shirt of his hanging from her shoulder's.

"Um..sorry." He said placing the container down.

"Oh no. I was kidding, you can have it. I don't like leftovers anyways." Sarah said wandering away.

Kala loved leftovers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You really do look great." Celsie said as she helped Kala brush the lint from her red cocktail dress.

"Thanks." Kala muttered pinning her hair up into a bun.

"Don't sound so gloomy. Who knows you could totally have a ton of fun."

"He's taking me to one of the nicest places in town. I honestly wouldn't even be surprised at this point if he showed up in a limo with a diamond ring in his pocket."

"Girl, just give him a chance. He's nice."

"I haven't done nice in a while."

"Well now is your chance. And everyone goes through the bad boy phase so don't feel bad." Celsie replied dragging Kala down the stairs.

At the bottom of the stairs Kala suddenly felt clammy and uneasy. Ashton never made her feel like this. She could see her mother in the doorway. She could hear his voice. Then they turned around.

"Wow you look...lovely."

"Thank's Harold."