ninteenth

"I know what you want from me.."

"Someone's knocking." Celsie stated coming into her bedroom to alert her friend.

"Well who is it?" Kala asked muffled by pillows and the TV noise.

"Think about it Kala. We both know exaclty who is standing on the other side of my front door.The question is do you want me to let him in?"

"Do whatever you want. I'm trying to finish this episode." Kala said with a dismissing wave attempting to ignore Celsie's words.

With one last roll of her eyes Celsie walked out of the room. Kala quickly turned down the TV and patiently listened. Her hands were shaky and suddenly she heard his voice.

"She's in the first room on the right. I'll be waiting outside the door; keep it open. You have twenty minutes, I will be timing you." Celsie snapped.

And then with a throat clearing noise Kala looked up from the blankets to see him. He had on a loose muscle band tee and his hair and eyes had a sleepless messy glaze to them.

"Hi.." Ashton spoke softly.

She wasn't sure if it was because he was nervous or because he didn't want Celsie to hear. Which if it was Celsie it wasn't worth trying. If she wants to know something, nothing will stop her from finding out.

Kala didn't reply. And it seemed Ashton was expecting it as he seated himself next her on the sea of blankets and pillows. The silence wasn't harsh or awkward. The air of being so close to one another made them both still and suck in the familiar feeling.

"Why are you here?" Kala finally spoke.

"I want you to know my side of the story, not the side you saw or heard."

"Fine. Go on." She demanded and he didn't dare look her way as he begin.

"Sarah has been a friend of mine for a while and she has always been Michael's girl to put it simply. Well things have been rocky between them and she was horribly drunk and was upset so I went to see if she was okay. Then she tried to kiss me. I pushed her off I swear. I didn't even say another word I just went looking for you. Then I heard you were with Michael and I was scared. But I shouldn't have been. It's just you're great ya know and I'm not so great. I mean I just...realize that I might be an ass and I yelled at you. You can hate me, please do. Go find a better guy. Just know that I'm truly sorry for the way things ended between us."

"So that's it. You just want me to move on. You seriously came here to tell me to move on?" Kala waited until he nodded to jump up from the bed and face him.

"Well if that's all you have to say then get the hell out because it's not gonna happen." She shouted, causing Celsie to peak around the door frame.

"Why are you yelling at me for giving you a chance to find a good person to spend your time with?" Ashton shouted back making Celsie cringe and duck back out of the room.

"Bullshit! I'm not moving on! I thought you were an ass so I went out with you to make my parents angry and then, like the stupid cliche that my life likes to be, we fought and I realized I might care about you!"

"Well I cared about you long before you ever cared about me." His words shocked and angered her.

"I doubt that Nicholas Sparks. There is no way you cared before this whole fight. You're just trying to be better than me. You're trying to put the blame on me."

"Shut up okay!? I care more than you think okay. I want you to be my girlfriend. I want you to live with me until you sort things out with your parents. And if you never do then, hell, better for me. I get to see your bedhead and sweet smiles. The way you bite your lip when you're putting on eyeliner and how you always make fun of my microwave meals. I just want to be with you okay? There I said it. I want to be with you! But we both know you deserve better. Is that what you wanted me to say the first time?" Ashton shouted making Kala's jaw drop and Celsie slide to the floor in the hallway.

"I-I don't know what to say to that..." Kala whispered taking a step closer to Ashton but he backed away.

"I was hoping you'd say I want to be with you to...." His voice trailed off and he backed towards the door, "Please just remember this when you have a rich boyfriend who wears button ups and calls you buttercup, okay? Thats the most I ask of you."

And then he was gone.