Chapter 4: Creativity

Greg and I walk back towards the attic stairs to go get our food for the picnic. I put the totem in my pocket as we walk down the stairs, I stop and look around and stare straight out of the small window in the center of the room. Wondering why there was no sunlight coming through the window I see the sun it's only around ten or eleven, so the sun should be shining its way through but yet it is unusually dim the room also set a weird vibe like every time I am up there. The room slowly getting cold. I start to tense up, Greg walks back up the stairs asking, why am I taking so long. He feels the breeze of the cold air rush to his face yet so cold but yet so satisfying, the hot air mixing with the warm air. continues to hit in his face, as we look around the room we start to see fog flowing thru the wood on the back wall. Even though it shocked me and Greg, we ended up walking towards the unexpected fog as the whole attic floor becomes covered with fog. As the fog reaches each all it kept getting colder and colder by the second. We hear a noise coming from the wall that has smoke coming thru it. We both look and see there is some type of paper the is stuck to the right in the middle of the fog. I pick it up it is a poem I exclaim.

It says

"Torn down & put back up put in place on the wall just like a painting for everyone to judge I am not perfect I have flaws just like everyone we all fall but I will get back up it's not time even if you are a dead or alive but I will get back up cause it's worth for you all to die it's not forced it's not commanded it's not even an option you will stay and watch as your family doesn't know their life is already ended."

"Someone in this family is messing with our heads."

"Do you think your sister could have done this?" Sarah Asks

"No... She has been trying to get me back for a long time, but nothing this big... She could have never something like this pulled off..."

"Then what is going on?"

"I don't know, but let's get out of here quick!"

Greg and I, run downstairs. We don't even look back, till we hear door slam. I look back and noticed that the attic stairs has been lifted back up into the ceiling. We both run down stairs and out the door.

"Something is not right about this house." Greg says.

"I agree " As I imply.

"I think, that the reason my mom got it for such a good price cause... "

Pauses...
"Could it-be possible, for the house to be haunted?"

I don't answer back, looking back into my past of running away from families that tried to adopt me; I couldn't allow it. My life I have chosen, of who I want to be with. One day at a time. I walk back inside the house. Greg's right behind me, we both look left then to right. We walk all the way in and notice the door slam behind us.

"What is up with every type of entity slamming doors."

"I don't like this can we leave please."

"If we don't leave now we might not have time for our date."Greg says

"Is that really all you want to think about? What about your sister, your mother; that is still in the house."

"They went to town."

"Why did they go to town?"

"My mom wanted to enroll us at William-Sight Highschool and my sister to Tenderwood Elementary. We will start school in one week."

"If we live that long" Mutters under breath...

Two days has passed, nothing has happened in the house so far... Greg and Sarah decided to go on their date today. The big ol' abandoned barn...