Chapter 5: The Return

Sarah and Greg, finally reach the "Big Ol' Barn" down the way from the house. they come to an alarming stop. As they search to find the smell of this screeching pain in their noses, to find out there are birds piled up in one corner of the barn making the stench of the place reek of death and misery. Noticing the scarce but, yet petrifying amount of how "Fucked Up" and disgusting it was to see something as a beautiful creature turned from loud chirping on a branch in a tree, to laying on the ground not moving, not even a single twitch.

"Guh... Greg is it alright if we not have the date here." Sarah asks.

"Fine by me." Greg turns around and tried to escape the discrete smell of the dead birds. 

Greg walks towards the main road walking and kicking rocks. Sarah runs up behind him to catch up, as she was still thinking and trying to process why she saw, what she just saw...

Not knowing what lies between the house, the long road they are taking to get back slowly gets longer an longer. Every step they take, slowly makes the road stretch like an elastic band; in which they do not realize. The movement of which there they are going is like a treadmill, going in a certain direction. yet not reaching anything further. Greg and Sarah both look confused to realize they have been walking for fifteen minutes, getting no-where. They stop and try to walk back in the direction they came from, coming to find out they are still very close to the old barn. They walk back inside the barn, to find the dead birds gone, but one laying in that one corner. The bird opens its mouth, to find a beak piercing through its mouth. pushing its way through, it's another bird making its way out the other bird's mouth.

As they both look disgusted, in so many ways. Scarred, petrified, along with a hint of confusion lurking around in their minds. The bird lands on Greg's shoulder, drenched in blood. Making Greg's perfectly ironed and starched shirt that was just done a few days ago, for this date. They both slowly back up, about to walk out of the old barn again.

They hear a whisper...

A slight whisper in the breeze... "Better run back to the house now..." 

They start to run back to the house, breaking the "trance" they did not realize they were in. Where everything was day but now, since the "trance" has been broken, they come to find out it is now night time. Not even fazing the fact that it is suddenly night. They did not care but, continued feezingly. They finally reach back to the house, they find Angie sound asleep on the dinner table. Glasses on the top of her head, laptop open in front of her; piles upon piles of printed paper on the table. They pick up the one papers off the floor to see that the title written in bold on the top center of the page. "Greg and Sarah, Missing for two years."...