Chapter 1: Me, the Family, & the House

Hello, my name is Sarah. My life is a hell of an adventure. Most of my life I've been on the run--ever since my mother left me at age nine at an orphanage. I kept running till I got to South Carolina. It seems like all the fun things happen there. I use to live in Maryland with my mom. She left me because she couldn't handle paying for me, and also her job only paid only a decent amount that would benefit her and nobody else. So she got rid of me. She told me she loved me and this is why she was doing this. I mean you can't just leave your child with someone you don't know. It's not right.

But I guess it was for the good. I met this family on the way down towards to South Carolina. It had been my dream to live there for the longest time. I would have gone to Florida but it wouldn't have been the way I wanted it, so I chose South Carolina. 'Cause I want to be in a state that has great weather all year around. I don't want to be too close to the beach, just close enough to feel the fresh sea breeze. So I finally decided to go there instead of just keep thinking about the place. Every time I think of going there, makes me want to go there more and more.

After a few weeks of walking and getting rides from a few people heading down that way, I reached Kingsport Tennessee. I ended up meeting this family of three a mother, son, and daughter. They were filled with so much enthusiasm and had a lot of joy so I asked them where were they heading. They said down to Yemassee South Carolina. They said I was more than welcome to join them. when I got into their truck I told them a little about me cause I thought it would be rude not to introduce myself. Then they told me a lot about them I told them that I don't have a family anymore even though it was just me and my mom. As I gotten to know them better I asked what are your names. The mother's name was Angie the son's name was Greg and the daughter's name is Rachel.

They were really nice to me Angie asked me if I wanted to stay with them a while if it's fine. I said that would be great I asked how long am I welcome to stay. She said as long as you want to stay I said that would be great. She said she really liked me and she doesn't want me to ever feel abandoned again. I think she grew a quick liking to me as soon as I told her my past. I grew a quick liking to their family probably cause I saw their family and I always wanted to have a family like theirs. Then we finally make it to the new house we get there and see that the truck has already made it there before us we started unloading. I helped bring the bedspread and all the heavy lifting.

Greg brought all the chairs and couches and the entertainment center. I was struggling but I didn't want to say anything so I just pushed through even though Greg was struggling as well but we finally got finished. When we finally finished putting everything in the house we sat on the couch that still had a plastic bag on it. We talked for a while as she looks around the room she says we should paint the house white and the inside it will be light gray.

The next day we go to get the paint we buy the paint and the perfect shade she wanted. we go back and look at all the rooms and see which one we should do first and then we decided we all take one room and see who finishes first. I was the first to finish so I go to help Greg and we finished his room. Then we went to go help Rachel than we finished her room. Then we went to go help Angie in her room and we finished up faster than we had intended to. then we headed downstairs to do the kitchen and the dining room and the living room. We did the same thing we did upstairs but there were only three rooms so Greg and I took the dining room we finally finished up. Then we went to go help Angie she looked like she was really tired so we helped her. I told Angie to rest for a little bit so I and Greg worked on it and finished. Then we went to Rachel and found out she finished as well and she fell asleep just like her mom. Greg picked her up and put placed her in her bed she is only nine years old so she is very light and Greg and I are the same age we are both sixteen.

Then we decided since everyone else is sleeping we can go check out the rest of the house we checked the basement it was really creepy it had all kinds of cobwebs and spiders "shivers" we heard a noise I ran upstairs. Greg slowly walks up the stairs as he tells me it was him and he laughs. I look at him and punches him in the arm. He said why did you get so scared. I said I didn't know what the noise was so how was I supposed to know it was you. We start going upstairs to check out the attic. It was more creepy in the attack even when the moonlighting creeping its way through the small window on the front wall so we look around a little more we find an old piano and then we find a weird Ouija board and this painting of the last women that lived here. We started thinking who could be the last people that lived in this house we decided it was a weird family. What was weird is that there was no other painting of the rest of the family just of the wife of the family. The guy that let us buy the house said he just wants to get rid of it for good. Angie bought the house around 1.2 grand it was a great price so I intend to find out what's wrong with the house.