Part One - In Adventum Incipit

Hello my beautiful, lovely, devilishly handsome, readers and fans! xD Now, I know I said I wasn't going to update this for a while - after I finished Soul Song - but I decided to post the first part to see what you guys think of it! Yay! Fair warning - It's short and has a itsy bitsy, teeny tiny bit of a cliff-hanger on the end. Don't I didn't warn you! xD So, go ahead and read on my lovely minions, and let me know what you think! Drop a comment, or give me a vote! I'd so appreciate it! xD

BTW, don't know when I'll update again, so I'll be leaving the "(Coming Soon)" in the title xD

Peace, Love, and Monkey Butt (Did you know they have a lotion called that? I found it at wal-mart! xD) -- B xD <3

- - -

This was the second time Leera had been summoned by Habbidon, the former King of Hyrule. The first time was when it happened, when Ganondorf happened. She'd been only five years old. It's been nine years since then, and how time had aged them both.

Habbidon's light hair had faded to grey, his already round belly became more bulbous, wrinkles appeared on his face, but time had been kind to him.

As for Leera, her once innocent, terrified face had hardened, her blue eyes more steely, her mouth set into a permanent frown. Her previously small and short frame had grown to be that of a fourteen year old, her muscles more prominent, and her height reaching five feet, one inch. Where her hair had been long was now cut short, blonde bangs falling into her eyes, and the ends of it brushing over her neck.

"Leera." A gruff voice spoke her name and she looked up as Habbidon entered the room. He sat down opposite of her at the table. "I've heard the rumors going around town. Are they true?"

She frowned. "Yes."

"And you really think you can do this?"

She hesitated, before saying; "If not me, then who?"

"Everyone else is waiting for the prophecy, Leera. Why aren't you?"

"You mean the supposed 'Hero'?" She scoffed and turned her head to look at the door, wanting already to leave the confines of the house. "I don't believe in that nonsense." She went on. "And I'm not going to sit around and wait for someone to step forward and save us. I'd die waiting."

"I think you're over estimating yourself." He said bluntly. "I know you're angry about what happened to your family."

"You think I'm only doing this for revenge." It wasn't a question, but he nodded anyway. "So what?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"So what if I'm doing this for revenge?" She clarified. "Are you going too try and stop me?"

"No." He said. "I only want you to know what you're getting yourself into. This isn't a game, Leera."

At that her gaze turned steely, and she bit her tongue hard to keep from saying something she shouldn't. "I know." She bit off. "My family is dead. The towns are in ruins. People die everyday. I know what's going on, and I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. I'm going to kill Ganondorf. Just like he killed my family, right in front of my eyes."

Habbidon pursed his lips. "Then you're going to need the proper gear." He stood up. "Come with me."

- - -

Leera left Habbidon's small cottage with an arm full of things he'd thought she'd need. First on the list was armor. He had her fitted with chain mail, and then with a green tunic. It had long sleeves down to her wrists, a skirt that fell to about mid thigh, and it was fitted to her body so not to get in the way. She also had a matching green cap to cover her head. She would wear black tights underneath, a pair of brown gloves, a pair of brown boots, and a brown belt with pouches and loops meant to hold equipment she may acquire on her journey.

The next thing Habbidon gave her was a large shield. She'd recognized it the moment she lay eyes on it. It was her family crest. The metal detail was silver, and the wood was light in color, and it was decorated with a dark red paint that made up the crest itself.

"But... Where did you get it?" She'd asked when he gave it to her.

"It was one of the few items recovered from the fire. It was badly damaged but Kerce managed to restore it back to it's original state."

He then proceeded to give to her the other few items they'd gotten from the fire. Her parents' wedding bands, her mother's pendent, and a silver chain they believe to have belonged to her brother.

Last, he presented her with a new sword. The detail was of a fine craftsmanship, the hilt a shiny golden bronze, with red gems set into the metal, and it looked very similar to the birthmark she bore on her ankle. The steel blade was long and thin - a double edged, one handed sword - and came to a fine point at the tip.

With a deep sigh, Leera looked back to the house, suddenly wishing her time inside hadn't come to a close, because now she had to do something she dreaded painfully.

She had to tell Kerce.

With her head held high, she starting walking through Kakariko village, only to stop again when she heard it. She'd known it was about that time again, but she always hoped that one day, they would finally stop.

The Moblins were attacking once again.